Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 238 of 239 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2387
    Quote Originally Posted by cramcram View Post
    I guess this has been asked before, but I didn't find the answer searching the forum. Can EDO be configured thus that the Touches coaxial output is limited to 96 khz (resampling on the server). My external DAC only supports bitrates up to 96 khz.
    On the Touch go to the digital output settings and select digital & analogue output.
    The player will reboot, and LMS will resample 24/192 to 24/96.

I am making the assumption that you're not using the LMS embedded in the Touch itself.
    Chris :)

Where's EDO?

Just looked for it in 3rd party plugins, but can't find it. :-( I'm running 7.9.1.
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 16.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado PS500e/Shure 1540

Quote Originally Posted by pablolie View Post
    Just looked for it in 3rd party plugins, but can't find it. :-( I'm running 7.9.1.
    Have you looked on the apps list on the Touch (not the server)?
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Sbt and Roon

Trying to get my SBt up running with EDO.

Understand I need firmware 7.8... according to Roon, but my SBt says Iam updated with latest firmware 7.7...?

If I need to do a manual download, how to do it (for it dummies), and what about the EDO I need as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick33 View Post
    Trying to get my SBt up running with EDO.

Understand I need firmware 7.8... according to Roon, but my SBt says Iam updated with latest firmware 7.7...?

If I need to do a manual download, how to do it (for it dummies), and what about the EDO I need as well?
    Which version of LMS are you using? You need to be using at least 7.8.1 to be offered newer firmware.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Which version of LMS are you using? You need to be using at least 7.8.1 to be offered newer firmware.

i am not using LMS, understand it doesnt go hanh in hand with Roon.

i am not using LMS, understand it doesnt go hanh in hand with Roon.
    How about connecting the Touch to mysqueezebox.com from Settings/Advanced/Networking. You should then be offered the update.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How about connecting the Touch to mysqueezebox.com from Settings/Advanced/Networking. You should then be offered the update.

Done, but it says I have latest firmware 7.7.3

latest firmware is 7.8. You can manually install by copying the firmware file to a USB thumbdrive and plugging it into the TOUCH. Then go to settings menu to install. Find file here:
    http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.8.1/

fab4 is the TOUCH firmware file.

Or install LMS 7.9.1 from here on your PC. Then connect your TOUCH to it for updating to 7.8 firmware. Then you can later unconnect the touch from LMS and add back to Roon.
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Hmm I suppose because Radios are still on 7.7.3 mysqueezebox was never updated to 7.8. According to this link you don't need to update the firmware.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Digital-Ouput