Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 262 of 263 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263 LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 2627
    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Some free hi-res samples in many formats:
    http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

Your TEAC supports DSD 64 via DoP. If you want to try it out, install the "DSDPlayer" LMS 3rd party plugin.

Hi Apesbrain,

I got DSDPlayer working, at least, I hear music when I play dsf-files. But according to my dac it seems that the output doesn't exceed 88.2kHz using spdif (while spdif has to reach 96kHz according to the specs of my dac). And I can't play them by USB. Do you have any suggestions how to fix those two problems?

Thanks.

Edvard
    Last edited by Edvard; 2020-07-01 at 04:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
    I got DSDPlayer working, at least, I hear music when I play dsf-files. But according to my dac it seems that the output doesn't exceed 88.2kHz using spdif (while spdif has to reach 96kHz according to the specs of my dac).
    Assuming DSDPlayer is configured correctly (see below), then you might try another S/PDIF cable or switch between coax/optical. It's not unheard of that optical cables can be a limiting factor. The specs of your DAC are that it receives DoP via S/PDIF at 24/176 (DSD 64), and if properly working the display will say "DoP".

Some other information here:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post963217

352800 Hz

So I found some PCM audio sampled at 352800 Hz.
    How to go about to play this on a Squeezebox?

Quote Originally Posted by udovdh View Post
    So I found some PCM audio sampled at 352800 Hz.
    How to go about to play this on a Squeezebox?
    Downsample it.
    Chris :)

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Assuming DSDPlayer is configured correctly (see below), then you might try another S/PDIF cable or switch between coax/optical. It's not unheard of that optical cables can be a limiting factor. The specs of your DAC are that it receives DoP via S/PDIF at 24/176 (DSD 64), and if properly working the display will say "DoP".

Some other information here:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post963217
    Ah, I should have taken more care of my first reply, because the TEAC dac is not mine but cbueche's (https://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?6708-cbueche)

Anyway, I'll try changing the cables.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Edvard; 2020-07-16 at 15:08.

EDO not visible in plug-in list, but seems to install during restart SBT

I encountered some strange behaviour.

Since quite some time, the Enhanced Digital Output app isn't showing up in my plug-in list. But when I restart my Squeezebox Touch (taking the power plug out and putting it back after some seconds), it seems that EDO is installing: I see the 'EDO install announcement' in the upper left of the SBT's screen.

At first I thought EDO had become a standard feature, but reading some posts, it's not apparently

I run lms 7.9.3 - 1591161343

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edvard

I encountered some strange behaviour.

Since quite some time, the Enhanced Digital Output app isn't showing up in my plug-in list. But when I restart my Squeezebox Touch (taking the power plug out and putting it back after some seconds), it seems that EDO is installing: I see the 'EDO install announcement' in the upper left of the SBT's screen.

At first I thought EDO had become a standard feature, but reading some posts, it's not apparently

I run lms 7.9.3 - 1591161343

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edvard
    EDO has never showed up in LMS > Settings > Plugin. It's an "applet" that only shows up on a TOUCH, and is installed directly via the TOUCH's menu.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    EDO has never showed up in LMS > Settings > Plugin. It's an "applet" that only shows up on a TOUCH, and is installed directly via the TOUCH's menu.
    Oops. I forgot all about that. Thanks!
    I just installed EDO 0.10. SBT gave me two options ('digital only' (or something like that) and my dac-specific (e30)). I choose the dac specific option. Result:
    . the dac now uses usb instead of coax
    . the dac shows the correct khz for flac files
    . dsf is shown as 44.1 pcm
    But... I don't hear anything.

What to do now?

Oops. I forgot all about that. Thanks!
    I just installed EDO 0.10. SBT gave me two options ('digital only' (or something like that) and my dac-specific (e30)). I choose the dac specific option. Result:
    . the dac now uses usb instead of coax
    . the dac shows the correct khz for flac files
    . dsf is shown as 44.1 pcm
    But... I don't hear anything.

What to do now?
    sorry, I can't help, as I don't use EDO. Hopefully an EDO user can chime in....
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    sorry, I can't help, as I don't use EDO. Hopefully an EDO user can chime in....
    It's okay, garym. Thanks for helping me out with EDO.

But the unexpected occured... when I pushed some buttons on the remote of the dac, it seemed to be necessary to do exactly that to hear music. That's weird, isn't it? I do hear all the flac files on all levels of khz. But the dsf files still are silent. Even weirder...

The quest continues...