Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Bad sound quality after pressing play from standby

I've noticed a small but annoying issue with my (red) radio: when I press the play button when the radio is in standby, it starts playing the last selection, but with a really tinny sound quality; there's not bass at all. To rectify this situation, i have to reboot the device. Unless I do so, all audio sounds bad.

When I bring the radio out of stand by with the power button first, and then press play, the sound quality is fine. Bringing it out of standby with the iphone app seems to work fine as well.

Anybody has any clue what's going on?

No, but you could try a factory reset.

I've had experienced the same after the (pushed) update to 7.7.2 last night
    after that (after reboto) i had a very bad,loosy sound, (only high whispering like a cheap 10$ radio)
    rebooted the device once again (after readign this threat) , and now i seem to have the origininal deep nice sound again.

Quote Originally Posted by custardo View Post
    I've noticed a small but annoying issue with my (red) radio: when I press the play button when the radio is in standby, it starts playing the last selection, but with a really tinny sound quality; there's not bass at all. To rectify this situation, i have to reboot the device. Unless I do so, all audio sounds bad.

When I bring the radio out of stand by with the power button first, and then press play, the sound quality is fine. Bringing it out of standby with the iphone app seems to work fine as well.

Anybody has any clue what's going on?
    I've had this happening twice. At least the last time, it had something to do with standby and using play (on the radio) to restart the music. Reboot does the trick.

I've had this happen twice in the last week to the same radio after never experiencing it on either of my radios in all the time I've had them. A reboot seems to fix it but for how long and what is causing it?

Sorry I cannot answer your question, but when this happened on my radio, simply changing stations brought the sound back to normal.