Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • email68
    • Mar 2012

Internet radio missing

Whenever I connect to my home server running the LMS, the Internet Radio menu item disappears from the menu.

If I use the iPhone app to control the player, I can access and play Internet radio. I tried to reset the main menu items. I've stopped and started the LMS service.

Any ideas on what is going on?
  • toby10
    • Jul 2007

Is your MySB login info present and correct in LMS > Settings > MySqueezeBox.com? Any mention of "invalid" on that page?
    What computer & OS is hosting LMS? If a PC or Mac go to LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's?

Comment

• email68
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by toby10
      Is your MySB login info present and correct in LMS > Settings > MySqueezeBox.com? Any mention of "invalid" on that page?
      What computer & OS is hosting LMS? If a PC or Mac go to LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's?
      I'm running in W7. Everything under diagnostics looks good. All the stats say OK.

Nothing about invalid on the mysqueezebox.com page.

If I open the Squeezebox app on my phone, I can see the Internet Radio menu item on the Home menu, right under My Music and I can make selections that work correctly.

On the Squeezebox Radio, the Internet Radio menu item is simply missing. But I think its only when I connect to my LMS.

I have tried restoring hidden menu items and to defaults. No luck with that.

Comment

• email68
        • Mar 2012

I got it worked out. Not sure why it happened to begin with.

I ended up going to Settings > Advanced > Networking > Switch to mysqueezebox.com

The Internet radio selection reappeared. Then I went to the My Music option which connected back to my LMS. After that, the Internet Radio was still there.

Must have been some kind of glitch.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• handygrandad
          • Jan 2021

"Radio" option disappeared from Home Menu - Similar Experience Resolved

I noticed that "Radio" had disappeared from the Home menu on my two SB radios after I installed the BBC Sounds app: I had opted for this to appear in the "radio" menu rather than the default, "app" menu by ticking the box in LMS >Server Settings>Plug ins> BBC Sounds . Coincidentally I had also chosen to hide the "app" option from the home menu.

After a lot of blind alleys, I switched the BBC SOUNDS option back to the default by unticking the box..... ..... "Radio" returned to the home menu ... .... and so did the "App" option which now contained BBC SOUNDS.

Bearing in mind all the changes I had made regarding BBC SOUNDS were actioned from the PC server. I also "restarted" my two SB radios (i.e. hold down the on/off key for a few seconds to exit the SB program, then press again to restart, to ensure the changes had taken place on each radio.

I am not 100% certain that the bug in the installation procedure for the BBC SOUNDS app is the actual or only cause for a loss of "Radio" from the Home menu, but it may help to narrow down the likely causes if you are struggling with the same problem.

Handygrandad

Comment

Working...