Can not listen to BBC Radio 1 station (from EU server outage)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • telacc
    • Apr 2010

Can not listen to BBC Radio 1 station (from EU server outage)

Hello,

I have my list of favorites on my SB Boom. From Thursday I can not listen to the BBC Radio 1 station anymore.

I also tried to access the station trough the BBC app, no luck there either.

What to do?

Best regards
    Matt
  • jcmun
    • Mar 2012

All BBC stations not accessible

I have tried all possible URL addresses for Radio 1, 2, 4 etc and none of them work.I hope this is only temporary.

Comment

• bpa
      • Oct 2005

Are you using mysb.com or a local LMS ?
      What URLS are you trying ?

Does this URL work for you for Radio 1 http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1.asx

Comment

• toby10
        • Jul 2007

I don't listen to BBC myself nor do I understand what the multiple ch's with the same name means (BBC Radio 1 has four different ch's from different cities).
        I presume each city has it's own local content + national network shows?

However, I was able to play BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, 4 without issue.
        Internet Radio > World > National Networks > BBC

Comment

• jcmun
          • Mar 2012

Well, I have finally been able to connect after many, many frustrating hours.

First of all, I logged in to the Logitech Media Server and ensure that the BBC iplayer plugin was added. Which worked a treat until I realised that I had to keep my laptop turned on to keep the connection. If I wanted to keep the laptop on, I wouldn't have an internet radio.

Finally, I reset everything and update the software again (7.7.1 r9557) and did an internet search via location and it worked. If you are using the old urls e.g. http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1.asx
          via the BBC app - they do not work.

Try this for BBC radio 1:-

I hope that helps for now.

Comment

• mrw
            • May 2010

If you look at that URL more closely, you will see that it includes a 'serial' parameter. That serial parameter is unique to your player.

Probably best for others to search 'Internet Radio' for BBC Radio 1, as you did, and save the result to favourites, rather than using this link directly.

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jcmun
              WIf you are using the old urls e.g. http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r1.asx
              via the BBC app - they do not work.
              This is the official and current BBC Radio 1 WMA URL - it always works. However PC and router cache addresses and it seems your setup cached the ffact that this URL did not connect as a result of mysb.com outage. A complete restart of PC, player and router is a way to empty these caches.

Comment

• Lennyd
                • Oct 2009

No BBC on my boom either

I always listen to Sounds of the 60s by cliking on Internet Radio and typing in Sounds of the 60s in the search box. This is a podcast that chages every week. I can still find it this way but it doesn't play on the boom anymore. I also tried the various BBC channels. Again nothing. I uninstalled the BBC app and reinstalled it. Still nothing. Does Logitech have to update their BBC app ? My version of the software downloads automatically so I din't hink I have to update anything on my boom. I hope someone from Logitech is reading this.

Comment

• telacc
                  • Apr 2010

I tried everything, still no sound!

Comment

• mrw
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Lennyd
                    I always listen to Sounds of the 60s by cliking on Internet Radio and typing in Sounds of the 60s in the search box. This is a podcast that chages every week. I can still find it this way but it doesn't play on the boom anymore. I also tried the various BBC channels. Again nothing. I uninstalled the BBC app and reinstalled it. Still nothing. Does Logitech have to update their BBC app ? My version of the software downloads automatically so I din't hink I have to update anything on my boom. I hope someone from Logitech is reading this.
                    I currently have 'Sounds of the 60s' playing on my Squeezebox Classic. I found it exactly as you did (on this occasion), by clicking on Internet Radio and typing in Sounds of the 60s in the search box.

This is not provided by the BBC app, so I would be surprised if that is the problem. But that doesn't help you work out why your Boom won't play it anymore.

It did take a few seconds to start up - I wonder if that is related to recent BBC streaming problems mentioned in the news bulletins over the last few days ?

You don't say if you have problems with other radio station streams. It might be worth finding out of your problem is strictly BBC related.

Comment

• bpa
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by telacc
                      I tried everything, still no sound!
                      Are you using mysb.com or a local LMS ?
                      What URL are you trying ?

Comment

• Ponzy
                        • Jan 2010

When I lost BBC2 and BBC4 last week I noticed that both favorites had been deleted from My Players...presumably Logitech have done this remotely so they know what is going on...

Hunting the BBC website for information is so confusing...the only URL I can find is for their World Service (which works on the Boom), all other BBC stations seem to have gone.

What the relationship between their iPlayer and our devices is I really have no idea.

Comment

• bpa
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ponzy
                          Hunting the BBC website for information is so confusing...the only URL I can find is for their World Service (which works on the Boom), all other BBC stations seem to have gone.
                          For old SB player which support WMA natively - the following BBC page has the WMA URLs. http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.u...al_wma_streams

Many system/PC/players have caches which can hold onto the "bad" result of trying to access an URL when mysb.com is down. These caches should expire with time but it is usually quicker to reboot PCs and routers and restart player.

Comment

• Lennyd
                            • Oct 2009

Sounds of the 60s

It is a stream so it takes a few seconds to start. I can listen to everything except BBC.

Comment

• mnwhowell
                              • Mar 2012

BBC Not Working

I also have an issue

I can not get the BBC to play on my Squeezebox anymore.
                              Other stations and apps work but not the BBC (any channels)

any solutions ?

Comment

Working...