Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    116

    How I fixed my SB3 when it kept freezing /Rebooting

    This is what I did to get it to work again.

    I removed my wifi card from inside the sb3.....including the wires
    Then I reset the device by holding down the add key on the remote and putting in the power. This is the factory reset
    Next, I did the Xilinx reset by pushing down the 1 button on the remote and then plugging in the device.

    So at this point the device could only use ethernet.
    It forced the device where I had to type in a static IP.
    Then it appeared to work.
    So I readded the wifi card and its working good now.

    I can't explain why that fixed it, but would appreciate feedback.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States, Florida
    Posts
    12,317
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopuppyfish View Post
    This is what I did to get it to work again.

    I removed my wifi card from inside the sb3.....including the wires
    Then I reset the device by holding down the add key on the remote and putting in the power. This is the factory reset
    Next, I did the Xilinx reset by pushing down the 1 button on the remote and then plugging in the device.

    So at this point the device could only use ethernet.
    It forced the device where I had to type in a static IP.
    Then it appeared to work.
    So I readded the wifi card and its working good now.

    I can't explain why that fixed it, but would appreciate feedback.
    I've read several posts over the years that notes that the wifi card can become unseated. So maybe just removing the wifi card and reseating it solved your problem. the xlinx reset often solves lots of problems too....
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    116
    Actually I spoke too soon. I'm running various test on the device, but its looking like the wifi needs to be replaced.

    Although what I stated in the OP did work for that particular problem.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    116
    I bought a new wifi card today......still the same problem.
    I am now trying to stream squeezeboxcentral.com to determine if its something on my server.
    Last edited by jojopuppyfish; 2011-11-06 at 09:19.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    116
    Looks like this thread helped me solve the problem
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/MySque...37/td-p/587532

    Specifically
    Changing the AAC transcoding options may also fix it:

    Settings

    Advanced

    File Types

    AAC | AAC -> native

    AAC | FLAC -> disabled

    AAC | PCM -> disabled

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    116
    Spoke too soon. I still think I am in the ballpark....maybe playing with those settings.

    I've been testing with the radioparadise internet feeds....as they have acc, wma, ogg
    Seeing if any of them time out on various file settings. So far mp3 feed has been an issue


    More info in this thread
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=85779

    I went ahead and replaced faad.exe with an older version I had from 2004.....I'll let you know if that works
    Faad.exe is located in
    C:\Program Files\Squeezebox\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    Last edited by jojopuppyfish; 2011-11-06 at 08:45.

  7. #7
    Senior Member toby10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA (home of the bottomless credit card)
    Posts
    9,299
    Well it definitely won't work with AAC = native because your SB3 cannot play AAC format streams. Can it be set to AAC = mp3?
    Also, if trying to transcode any audio format to another on a NAS device you may encounter issues (if you are even using a NAS).

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    116
    Thanks Toby.....still trying other ideas

    I installed a new lame
    With these instructions
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/AAC

    It seemed to be missing the lame.exe

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    116
    I am stumped.......still freezing and nothing seems to work.
    I tried different OS versions....new WIfi card.
    Nothing works.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    116
    Tried a different version of faad.exe
    Thread is here.....someone had an issue and modified it
    http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.musi...zecenter/17101


    ......That didn't work either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •