Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4

    should it start automaticly when power is on ?

    I've conneted my squeezebox with a time-device. Switches on mornings, switching off at night.

    But when the power comes on, the SBR does not start. It goes on, the icon for wireless is all red and nothing happens. It needs a push on the home-button, then a click on "now playing".

    I hoped it would start when power came on.

    Should it not ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member toby10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA (home of the bottomless credit card)
    Posts
    9,229
    It will not start playing from a power off, you must instigate play yourself.
    You could simply press Play or a Preset once it is on and connected to your network, or you could set an Alarm for a few minutes after it regains power.
    But if for any reason it does not properly reconnect to your network & server then you will only get the backup alarm, if that.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    It will not start playing from a power off, you must instigate play yourself.
    You could simply press Play or a Preset once it is on and connected to your network, or you could set an Alarm for a few minutes after it regains power.
    But if for any reason it does not properly reconnect to your network & server then you will only get the backup alarm, if that.
    Ah ! set an Alarm for a few minutes after it regains power.
    Seems a solution. Meanwhile I've found that its connecting with my wireless if I wait long enough (should be a minute or so)
    Gonna try, thanks !
    Last edited by abbenhui; 2012-01-20 at 07:22.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vństerňs Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by abbenhui View Post
    Ah ! set an Alarm for a few minutes after it regains power.
    Seems a solution. Meanwhile I've found that its connecting with my wireless if I wait long enough (should be a minute or so)
    Gonna try, thanks !
    It may reconect quicker with static ip mine does it in < 20 seconds, the dchp req with some routers take time ( even if it's not suposed to ).

    And if you are using mysqueezebox.com it should also reconnect to the service this takes some time ( to find the local server is faster ).

    They have actually changed the meaning the colors in later fw :-/ the old way was better I don't think you have the blue state on radio anymore it's is now ok white or not ok red, no intermidiatee state is displyad like blue= got local network but no server or mysqueezebox.com .

    i don't really get why less info is a good thing ?
    Last edited by Mnyb; 2012-01-21 at 00:59.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    It may reconect quicker with static ip mine does it in < 20 seconds, the dchp req with some routers take time ( even if it's not suposed to ).

    And if you are using mysqueezebox.com it should also reconnect to the service this takes some time ( to find the local server is faster ).
    Thanks for responding; what do you mean by "using mysqueezebox.com or find the local server"?
    The SBR is in my wifi-network and has a fixed ip-adress there.
    Is there something else I can set to improve speed ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vństerňs Sweden
    Posts
    16,525
    Quote Originally Posted by abbenhui View Post
    Thanks for responding; what do you mean by "using mysqueezebox.com or find the local server"?
    The SBR is in my wifi-network and has a fixed ip-adress there.
    Is there something else I can set to improve speed ?
    Do you have sbs or lms installed on a local computer for playing you own files ? then this is your local server.

    If you only use it for radio, you did sign up for a mysqueezebox.com account this handles the radio listings and sunscription services etc .
    You put in an email and a password .

    http://www.mysqueezebox.com/index/Home

    Once it's back on the network it goes and find one of those servers , then it is operational .

    it does not operate on it's own it always have a server in the background be it your own server the remote server mysqueezebox.com .

    If you turn it off it must reconect to this i can imagine it takes a while over internet.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,529
    Quote Originally Posted by abbenhui View Post
    Thanks for responding; what do you mean by "using mysqueezebox.com or find the local server"?
    The SBR is in my wifi-network and has a fixed ip-adress there.
    Is there something else I can set to improve speed ?
    you have two servers you can connect the radio to:

    1. mysqueezebox.com (server "in the cloud", that can do everything except play your own music)

    2. Logitech Media Server (LMS). This is running on your local computer/NAS, etc. It can do everything mysb.com can do PLUS play your own music files.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Garym en mnyp.
    I use it just as a radio, and yes, I made an account. Using LMS is no option as far as I've understand it : it means I need a NAS or my PC must always be running.

    So : I must keep in mind that reconnecting takes some more time.

    Thanks you both for your quick respond.

  9. #9
    Senior Member aubuti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,825
    Quote Originally Posted by abbenhui View Post
    Using LMS is no option as far as I've understand it : it means I need a NAS or my PC must always be running.
    No, that's a common misconception. The NAS or PC would only need to be running when you want to listen to the radio. Most any pc sold in the past decade has power management facilities so that you can put it in suspend or hibernate mode when not in use, and resume quickly when you need it. The SB can even trigger the "wake up call" to the pc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •