X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dachande
    • Jan 2012

Building latest SqueezeOS 7.7.1

Hey there,

I'm wondering a bit, when was the last time since someone tried to do a fresh build of SqueezeOS with an empty sources directory.

I'm currently running into the problem that many of the needed packages are coming from the openmoko project trying to pull the files from their Subversion system which no longer exists because they have switched from svn to git a good while ago.

Are there any plans to update the build scripts to reflect these changes in the near future?

Cheers
    dachande
  • dachande
    • Jan 2012

Ok, just a quick update.

I've been digging around a bit in openmoko's git repository and it looks like it just contains a bitbake environment to build openmoko itself. The build scripts there also still contain links to their svn repository which is no longer available.

So it looks like at the moment there is no way for someone to initially build SqueezeOS without manually searching and downloading the source files of the packages needed for a successful build.

Comment

• dachande
      • Jan 2012

Another quick update.

I'm not sure what was wrong, but it looks like openmoko still has their svn running. bitbake now did the job checking out the sources and the build process is running again.

Comment

• dachande
        • Jan 2012

So now I'm running into a new problem while compiling SqueezeOS.

Somehow it looks like libsdl_image is trying to use libraries from my local system instead of the ones compiled by the toolchain.

Here is the part where compilation fails

Code:
        ERROR: function do_install failed
        ERROR: log data follows (/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/temp/log.do_install.8616)
        | NOTE: make DESTDIR=/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image install
        | make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/SDL_image-1.2.5'
        | test -z "/usr/lib" || /bin/mkdir -p "/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image/usr/lib"
        |  /bin/sh ./libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  'libSDL_image.la' '/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image/usr/lib/libSDL_image.la'
        | libtool: install: warning: relinking `libSDL_image.la'
        | (cd /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/SDL_image-1.2.5; /bin/sh ./libtool  --tag=CC --mode=relink arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv5te -mtune=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb --sysroot=/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -O2 -ggdb -feliminate-unused-debug-types -I/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -no-undefined -release 1.2 -version-info 1:4:1 -Wl,-O1 -o libSDL_image.la -rpath /usr/lib IMG.lo IMG_bmp.lo IMG_gif.lo IMG_jpg.lo IMG_lbm.lo IMG_pcx.lo IMG_png.lo IMG_pnm.lo IMG_tga.lo IMG_tif.lo IMG_xcf.lo IMG_xpm.lo IMG_xv.lo IMG_gd.lo -lpng -lz -ljpeg -L/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -inst-prefix-dir /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image)
        | arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv5te -mtune=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb --sysroot=/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi -shared  .libs/IMG.o .libs/IMG_bmp.o .libs/IMG_gif.o .libs/IMG_jpg.o .libs/IMG_lbm.o .libs/IMG_pcx.o .libs/IMG_png.o .libs/IMG_pnm.o .libs/IMG_tga.o .libs/IMG_tif.o .libs/IMG_xcf.o .libs/IMG_xpm.o .libs/IMG_xv.o .libs/IMG_gd.o  -L/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/.libs -L/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lSDL -lpthread  -march=armv5te -mtune=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib -Wl,-soname -Wl,libSDL_image-1.2.so.0 -o .libs/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.4
        | /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/cross/armv5te/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: library search path "/usr/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
        | /usr/lib/libpng.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized
        | collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        | libtool: install: error: relink `libSDL_image.la' with the above command before installing it
        | make[1]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
        | make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/SDL_image-1.2.5'
        | make: *** [install-am] Error 2
        | FATAL: oe_runmake failed
        NOTE: Task failed: /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/temp/log.do_install.8616
        NOTE: package libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3: task do_install: failed
        ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
        NOTE: package libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512: failed
        ERROR: Build of /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/meta-squeezeos/packages/libsdl/libsdl-image_svn.bb do_install failed
        ERROR: Task 639 (/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/meta-squeezeos/packages/libsdl/libsdl-image_svn.bb, do_install) failed
        I've already followed the hint from the wiki temporarily moving /usr/bin/sdl-config to /usr/bin/sdl-config.bak (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...in_squeezeplay) and removing poky/build/tmp-jive/* to start a fresh build, but it looks like the build system is still trying to use local libraries.

My machine I'm trying to compile SqueezeOS is an x86_64 System running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Any further ideas how to fix this problem?

Comment

• Magg
          • Dec 2011

Other build problem

Hi,

Unfortunatly I don't have a fix for you, just my own problem to report:

During 'bitbake squeezeos-image' I get the following error:

Code:
          NOTE: Running task 256 of 1074 (ID: 71, virtual:native:/work/jive-7.7-squeezeos-poky/meta/packages/fakeroot/fakeroot_1.9.4.bb, do_fetch)
          NOTE: package fakeroot-native-1.9.4: started
          NOTE: package fakeroot-native-1.9.4-r2: task do_fetch: started
          NOTE: The MD5Sums did not match. Wanted: 'c324eb1e157edad17d98b1b2c8b99e25' and Got: '7064ea74e8ee728ea25cf3a8e9b3a716'
          NOTE: Task failed: Checksum of 'ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fakeroot/fakeroot_1.9.4.tar.gz' failed
          NOTE: package fakeroot-native-1.9.4-r2: task do_fetch: failed
          NOTE: package fakeroot-native-1.9.4: failed
          ERROR: Build of virtual:native:/work/jive-7.7-squeezeos-poky/meta/packages/fakeroot/fakeroot_1.9.4.bb do_fetch failed
          ERROR: Task 71 (virtual:native:/work/jive-7.7-squeezeos-poky/meta/packages/fakeroot/fakeroot_1.9.4.bb, do_fetch) failed
          NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 255 tasks of which 255 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
          ERROR: 'virtual:native:/work/jive-7.7-squeezeos-poky/meta/packages/fakeroot/fakeroot_1.9.4.bb' failed
          NOTE: build 201201121352: completed
          I checked, and ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fakeroot/ doesn't contain fakeroot_1.9.4.tar.gz anymore. It seems to be an rather old version.

How do we fix this? I had a look at the files mentioning fakeroot in my build dir (tmp-jive/work/x86_64-linux/fakeroot-native-1.9.4-r2/temp/run.staging_helper.15215), is it as simple as changing version and download uri in that file?

I'm in Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64

Comment

• Magg
            • Dec 2011

I found the fakeroot file here: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/pok...t_1.9.4.tar.gz

But the svn.openmoko.org server is now down again

Comment

• dachande
              • Jan 2012

I had that same problem, too. I worked around it by using fakeroot 1.9.5 and updating the checksums so the build system won't complain of the new version of fakeroot being used.

Comment

• Magg
                • Dec 2011

Ok, so now I've managed to compile the image. Can I send this image to my hardware box, thru the squeeze server? It identifies itself as 'baby'.

Does this image work on all official hardware, or?

Sorry for being a noob

Also, I've changed some files in the squeezeplay directories, how do I make bitbake notice this, when I build a new image?

Comment

• josh.k.abbott
                  • Aug 2011

Hi dachande

How did you get past this error?

I'm having this exact error now.

Originally posted by dachande
                  So now I'm running into a new problem while compiling SqueezeOS.

Somehow it looks like libsdl_image is trying to use libraries from my local system instead of the ones compiled by the toolchain.

Here is the part where compilation fails

Code:
                  ERROR: function do_install failed
                  ERROR: log data follows (/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/temp/log.do_install.8616)
                  | NOTE: make DESTDIR=/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image install
                  | make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/SDL_image-1.2.5'
                  | test -z "/usr/lib" || /bin/mkdir -p "/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image/usr/lib"
                  |  /bin/sh ./libtool   --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  'libSDL_image.la' '/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image/usr/lib/libSDL_image.la'
                  | libtool: install: warning: relinking `libSDL_image.la'
                  | (cd /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/SDL_image-1.2.5; /bin/sh ./libtool  --tag=CC --mode=relink arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv5te -mtune=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb --sysroot=/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi -fexpensive-optimizations -fomit-frame-pointer -frename-registers -O2 -ggdb -feliminate-unused-debug-types -I/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -no-undefined -release 1.2 -version-info 1:4:1 -Wl,-O1 -o libSDL_image.la -rpath /usr/lib IMG.lo IMG_bmp.lo IMG_gif.lo IMG_jpg.lo IMG_lbm.lo IMG_pcx.lo IMG_png.lo IMG_pnm.lo IMG_tga.lo IMG_tif.lo IMG_xcf.lo IMG_xpm.lo IMG_xv.lo IMG_gd.lo -lpng -lz -ljpeg -L/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -inst-prefix-dir /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image)
                  | arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv5te -mtune=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb --sysroot=/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi -shared  .libs/IMG.o .libs/IMG_bmp.o .libs/IMG_gif.o .libs/IMG_jpg.o .libs/IMG_lbm.o .libs/IMG_pcx.o .libs/IMG_png.o .libs/IMG_pnm.o .libs/IMG_tga.o .libs/IMG_tif.o .libs/IMG_xcf.o .libs/IMG_xpm.o .libs/IMG_xv.o .libs/IMG_gd.o  -L/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/.libs -L/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/image/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lSDL -lpthread  -march=armv5te -mtune=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -mno-thumb -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/staging/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib -Wl,-soname -Wl,libSDL_image-1.2.so.0 -o .libs/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.4
                  | /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/cross/armv5te/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: warning: library search path "/usr/lib" is unsafe for cross-compilation
                  | /usr/lib/libpng.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized
                  | collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
                  | libtool: install: error: relink `libSDL_image.la' with the above command before installing it
                  | make[1]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
                  | make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/SDL_image-1.2.5'
                  | make: *** [install-am] Error 2
                  | FATAL: oe_runmake failed
                  NOTE: Task failed: /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/build/tmp-jive/work/armv5te-none-linux-gnueabi/libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3/temp/log.do_install.8616
                  NOTE: package libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512-r3: task do_install: failed
                  NOTE: package libsdl-image-1.2.5+svnr9512: failed
                  ERROR: Build of /home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/meta-squeezeos/packages/libsdl/libsdl-image_svn.bb do_install failed
                  ERROR: Task 639 (/home/pilznille/build/squeezeos/poky/meta-squeezeos/packages/libsdl/libsdl-image_svn.bb, do_install) failed
                  I've already followed the hint from the wiki temporarily moving /usr/bin/sdl-config to /usr/bin/sdl-config.bak (link removed) and removing poky/build/tmp-jive/* to start a fresh build, but it looks like the build system is still trying to use local libraries.

My machine I'm trying to compile SqueezeOS is an x86_64 System running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Any further ideas how to fix this problem?

Comment

• Magg
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by josh.k.abbott
                    Hi dachande

How did you get past this error?

I'm having this exact error now.
                    Looks like the libsdl problem..

Copy paste from here:

bitbake fails in squeezeplay
                    There is another known problem where bitbake seems to pick up some local system libraries from a locally instaled libsdl-dev install.
                    A workaround for now is:
                    # mv /usr/bin/sdl-config /usr/bin/sdl-config.bak
                    # bitbake squeezeplay-<machine> -c clean
                    The rerun bitbake

Comment

• josh.k.abbott
                      • Aug 2011

I think the problem is that I can't do the clean part

The wiki says:
                      Code:
                      bitbake squeezeplay-<machine> -c clean
                      but I'm using to compile:
                      Code:
                      bitbake squeezeos-image
                      so, when I do:
                      Code:
                      $ find /usr/bin/ -name sdl-config*
                      /usr/bin/sdl-config.bak
                      $ bitbake squeezeos-image -c clean
                      $ bitbake squeezeos-image
                      I get the same error...

Originally posted by Magg

Copy paste from here:
                      http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...d_Instructions

Comment

• dachande
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Magg

Copy paste from here:
                        http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...d_Instructions
                        That's the problem. I've tried to fix this by following these instructions, but it still tries to use local SDL libraries instead the sources downloaded by the build script.

Comment

• JohnSwenson
                          • Jun 2006

I've had this problem for years now. I just go in and modify the makefile so it points at the toolchain sdl rather than the host sdl. I'm not at my development machine right now so I can't point at which makefile. I haven't found out what is causing this. I just run the system, it dies, go in and modify the makefile then it runs.

John S.

Comment

Working...