Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whizziwig
    • Jan 2012

Soundcloud plugin for squeezeserver

I wanted a way to play the soundcloud links I keep running into on my squeezeboxes. Squeezecloud was born.

v0.1 is live at https://github.com/downloads/blackma...SoundCloud.zip -- source code is obviously gpl'd and lives at https://github.com/blackmad/squeezecloud

currently it can:
    --play from a soundcloud url
    --display hot & recent tracks
    --search by tags & query

it's entirely based on the fantastic YouTube plugin from Joerg. I hacked this up in the past few hours, there's lots of vestigal code from the youtube plugin, as well as lots of logging. I fully expect there to be bugs, please contact me with issues/suggestions/patches. There's probably an issue with soundcloud links with periods in the urls, will debug.

Still to come is being able to work with soundcloud playlists, fixing period issues, and possibly working with soundcloud user accounts.

enjoy,
    --dave
  • whizziwig
    • Jan 2012

now in a repo

live at http://www.whizziwig.com/static/squeezecloud/public.xml

add it via settings -> plugins -> additional repositories

updates to come for general cleanup, hopefully being able to play entire playlists, and maybe for user accounts.

enjoy,
    --dave

Comment

• pippin
      • Oct 2007

Sorry to have to refuse the credits but the YouTube plugin isn't written by me, it's written by Triode, so you'd better credit him
      ---
      learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
      Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
      at penguinlovesmusic.com
      New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• pippin
        • Oct 2007

Oh, but: many thanks for getting into this, SoundCloud support is among the things I miss most on my SB
        ---
        at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• whizziwig
          • Jan 2012

triode++ for being incredibly helpful in debugging and developing this, and for writing the youtube plugin.

Comment

• pippin
            • Oct 2007

Hey, this does already work quite well.

Now, obviously, here's my wishlist

* Artwork does work in the list but not for NowPlaying
            * I would really love to see a possibility to use my SoundCloud account. So far I was only able to play SoundCloud links through iPeng which meant I could not store them in favorites so I stored them as favorites on SoundCloud... Definitely don't want to need to enter them all again...
            * Also, you don't use an OAuth token so far, correct? This means I can not use any links that will require an account, free or not, right? Or do you resolve the links internally using an OAuth token?
            ---
            at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• whizziwig
              • Jan 2012

new version supports oauth token + favorites :-)

will look at why art isn't working.

ed: using the apikey on every request and every stream broke everything, so I rolled it back to only using the apikey to find your favorites. will look into authenticated streams tomorrow when I'm more awake.

disabled playlists searching/browsing for now, since the way xmlbrowser needs to replay the requests after every click meant that instability in results was causing the clicks to be completely wrong.

--dave
              Last edited by whizziwig; 2012-01-03, 05:16.

Comment

• erland
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by whizziwig
                live at http://www.whizziwig.com/static/squeezecloud/public.xml

add it via settings -> plugins -> additional repositories

updates to come for general cleanup, hopefully being able to play entire playlists, and maybe for user accounts.
                Let us know when you feel it's ready for general usage and we will add this repository to the standard ones so users don't have to configure it manually.

We have a page on the wiki where we list all repositories which are included in the official list. It also included some testing repositories at the bottom which is not included. Feel free to add your repository to this wiki page when you feel it's ready for general usage.
                Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
                Developer of many plugins/applets
                Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• teabot
                  • Jan 2011

Great plug-in

Thanks for a great plug-in - works really well for me. Now for my wish list

1. Scrobble/Now playing integration with Last.fm
                  2. That is all!

The world's largest online music service. Listen online, find out more about your favourite artists, and get music recommendations, only at Last.fm

The world's largest online music service. Listen online, find out more about your favourite artists, and get music recommendations, only at Last.fm

Comment

• whizziwig
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by erland
                    Let us know when you feel it's ready for general usage and we will add this repository to the standard ones so users don't have to configure it manually.

We have a page on the wiki where we list all repositories which are included in the official list. It also included some testing repositories at the bottom which is not included. Feel free to add your repository to this wiki page when you feel it's ready for general usage.
                    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...r_repositories
                    hey erland,

the code isn't the prettiest, but all functionality works and is working well for me (haven't heard of any issues from users either). I'd be thrilled to see this in the repo list. I'll also add it to the wiki.

thanks!
                    --dave

Comment

• erland
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by whizziwig
                      hey erland,

the code isn't the prettiest, but all functionality works and is working well for me (haven't heard of any issues from users either). I'd be thrilled to see this in the repo list. I'll also add it to the wiki.

thanks!
                      --dave
                      I've now added your repository to the official list so people that want to install SoundCloud plugin should no longer have to setup your repository manually.
                      Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
                      Developer of many plugins/applets
                      Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• nervoteso
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by erland
                        I've now added your repository to the official list so people that want to install SoundCloud plugin should no longer have to setup your repository manually.
                        great! i will install it soon!
                        Touchx2,radiox4, Squeezebox Server 7.9 (Raspberrypi 3 and qnap ts-269)

Comment

• smiggs
                          • Jan 2010

Good work - definitely be watching this one closely, found a few things to fix though:

While installing:

I installed this plugin and the bandcamp plugin on my squeezebox server (v7.6.1). After a server restart the bandcamp plugin works perfectly but the soundcloud plugin doesn't appear anywhere and everytime I access the plugins page now asks me to restart.

But fixed this by installing another plugin.... bizarre.

Couple of other things:

Do you support 'private' urls?

I tried to play the new errors album listed on http://drownedinsound.com/news/41443...faith-in-magic using the soundcloud url http://soundcloud.com/rock-action-re...-magic/s-5rNXj but your app couldn't find it. On further investigation I found it's a private stream setup to allow access only if you have the url. But I have url so why can't I play it?!

Finally on doing my first search I find using the official logitech controller app on my android app that somewhere along the way the list got out of order, I select one song and it brings up another listed 2 songs up. I tried another search which bought up a shorter list and this worked fine.

Comment

• whizziwig
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by smiggs
                            Good work - definitely be watching this one closely, found a few things to fix though:

While installing:

I installed this plugin and the bandcamp plugin on my squeezebox server (v7.6.1). After a server restart the bandcamp plugin works perfectly but the soundcloud plugin doesn't appear anywhere and everytime I access the plugins page now asks me to restart.

But fixed this by installing another plugin.... bizarre.

Couple of other things:

Do you support 'private' urls?

I tried to play the new errors album listed on http://drownedinsound.com/news/41443...faith-in-magic using the soundcloud url http://soundcloud.com/rock-action-re...-magic/s-5rNXj but your app couldn't find it. On further investigation I found it's a private stream setup to allow access only if you have the url. But I have url so why can't I play it?!

Finally on doing my first search I find using the official logitech controller app on my android app that somewhere along the way the list got out of order, I select one song and it brings up another listed 2 songs up. I tried another search which bought up a shorter list and this worked fine.
                            1) re: restarting -- that's weird, I've seen that happen when the plugin config is horribly broken, which I don't think soundcloud is at the moment, but I'll take a look
                            2) I'm not making the url lookup as an authenticated call, this is an easy fix!
                            3) this is an issue with the plugin architecture -- if the search results aren't extremely stable you'll get this behavior (it searches once, gets results A,B,C. You click result C, it asks me to redo the search at position 3. If the server now returns results A,B,D,E,C, you'll end up playing D. Working on fixes to this.

Comment

• Rick_W
                              • Jan 2009

is there any way to see the icon on a duet controller because I cant see it?

Comment

Working...