Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Unhappy Upgrade to 7.7.1: Process running, web interface dead

    Hi,

    Happy user since too long. Have Squeezebox 7.6 running on Readynas NV (I know, slow, but works perfectly). Have too many iDevices, managing in iTunes + separate library on NAS is too much, so I decided to move the iTunes library (actual files + library.xml) from laptop to dedicated NAS share. Everything works fine from the iTunes side, however, when I ticked the 'use iTunes' box and 'clear and rescan everything', it did clear and rescan (saw import iTunes...). However, after 20 min or so, it had finished, with 0 files, songs, folders, etc imported.

    Then I embarked on upgrading to 7.7.1, hoping that this would solve the iTunes mystery.
    I followed the upgrade path (http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/...us,en#Download), rebooted many times, ran CleanDB and the 7.7.1 bin file on the ReadyNAS.

    I can ssh into the ReadyNAS and see that the Squeezeboxserve process is running fine, however, I can't connect to the web interface anymore (Chrome says 'can't connect to 10.0.1.150:9000'

    There *is* obviously something wrong here, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out anymore without your help.

    Help!

    First priority is getting access back, then I'll start on trying to use iTunes again...Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17

    Upgrade to 7.7.1: Process running, web interface dead

    I had a similar issue. My server worked fine, squeezeboxes connected but the web UI was unavailable -- I got the same error message as you. Turns out that for some reason, LMS, on upgrading from 7.7.0 to 7.7.1, changed the web UI port from :9000 to :9001. Once I realized that had happened, it was an easy fix to move it back to :9000 where I (and my bookmarks) expected it to be.

    Good luck.

  3. #3

    Wink

    @Phill, thank you very much for the pointer. Although it didn't work for me, it did point me in the right direction. You said that you were able to fix the port issue, so I started looking again where you might be able to set that. Doing that, I stumbled upon the server.log file, which had 3500+ entries stating "Logitech Media Server died. Restarting.".
    It was clear why I couldn't access the server now. I downloaded the most recent nightly (7.7.2~r33761), which is now busy importing my iTunes library, and showing actual progress!

    Thanks again.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •