Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SB touch disrupts other wireless connections

I have been happily using my Squeezebox touch in conjunction with my previous802.11g router. It shared connections with about 5 other wireless devices with no issues.

I have recently upgraded to a D-Link DIR_655 "Xtreme N" gigabit router, with the same devices. The squeezebox connects just fine (white power button). The other devices work fine when I am not playing music. However, as soon as I start to stream music through the squeezebox, strange things begin happening with the other devices - connection drops, etc. In addition, I do not have stable connections with the squeezebox server either... the music sometimes stops even though it does not show the wireless link as being down. but.. take that with a grain of salt, as it could be an undiagnosed server problem.

Here are some of the more obvious wireless settings I am using on my router:

-Mixed 802.11g / n mode
    -Auto channel scan off (channel 4, have tried others)
    -Transmission rate - best
    - 20 MHZ only (vs. 20/40)
    - WPA2 only mode

Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on? I have not tried 802.11g only mode yet, though that would be painful indeed - essentially tossing the purchase I had made, and its benefits to the other computers.

Well, g mode is the final test - so you may as well try it!
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd recommend also checking if there is a firmware update for the router, as well as checking D-Link's forums (assuming they have them) to see if this is a common complaint. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's fault-free.

Checked for duplicate IP's? Server computer wired?

Thank you all for your suggestions - I promise to try your ideas soon, post back anything I find. I certainly don't think there are any significant interfering networks - only a DECT 6.0 phone system (1.9 GHz). But... will continue to experiment, thanks for your collective help!

-Chuck

DECT 6.0 causes no problems for me. So that's not likely it.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify