Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Touch Wallpapers?

I've been storming the forums trying to find a repository or link to a bunch of Squeezebox Touch wallpapers. I can't even find the size I should be looking for for images either.

Can someone point me to a thread with squeezebox touch wallpapers and or let me know of the dimensions I should be aiming for? I have a touch and a radio..

Thanks!

The Touch's Wallpaper needs to be EXACTLY 480x272. I took a few Iron Maiden, Van Halen, a Star Trek, a couple of cool computer art and 1 Ricky Gervais animated show wallpapers and resized them. They work pretty well and the only thing that would be nice is to be able to change the color of the font on the Touch. The white can be a bit hard to read on some, but I just didn't quite "get" how to configure Erland's plugins to know if I could use one to do that. You can take any picture and crop & shrink to get to that, take a bit of tweaking to get it just right, but can be kinda cool. So anyway here are the 3 I use the most.

Edit: I couldn't get the pictures to load individually, so I zipped the three together.
    Last edited by rayman1701; 2011-12-27 at 09:52.

Here's a URI that contains the list we maintained during the beta stage:

http://www.hegardtfoundation.org/sli...wallpapers.xml

Add this via web at Settings > Advanced > Customize Device > Wallpapers.

The original post is in the Touch's beta forum - I don't know if that is open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by rayman1701 View Post
    The white can be a bit hard to read on some, but I just didn't quite "get" how to configure Erland's plugins to know if I could use one to do that.
    Are you talking about the menu text or are you talking about the text in some screen saver ?

I'm guessing you are talking about the menu text and in that case I think the firmware needs to be patched, it can be done with a patch through the Patch Installer plugin but it requires you to know which firmware lua files to adjust to change the color to your liking.

Custom Clock can do it for its screen saver styles, but I suspect this isn't what you are talking about ?
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Yeah, I was meaning the Now Playing screen. I'm sure there may be a way, but it always seemed just above my skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by rayman1701 View Post
    Yeah, I was meaning the Now Playing screen. I'm sure there may be a way, but it always seemed just above my skill set.
    Do you have any idea what color you would like it to be ?
    http://www.colorpicker.com/

I think it should be fairly easy to provide a patch for it which can be installed through "Patch Installer" applet but I need to know which color that's suitable for your needs.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Erland, I appreciate the offer so I will give it some thought. I have just gotten used to it the way it is, so I may play around a bit with the image on my computer to see what may give a better contrast and readability between the image and text color. I've just gotten used to it, so I don't have an immediate answer.

Erland, well after playing around with the text and picture, I'm not sure if any color will really be a huge improvement. I think that the picture that I like as my wallpaper might just be a bit too busy for the text to be quite as clear as the standard wallpapers that come with the Touch. I've gotten used to the way it is, and I'm not looking to add to your workload. I just mentioned it as an aside, because I thought it would be handy to have a way of easily changing the Now Playing font color, since you can create custom wallpaper. Thanks for the offer.