Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Are you using DHCP ? If so the address are very spread apart and I would examine the DHCP setrup.

If you are using static addresses (i.e. no DHCP) - I would check the subnet mask, gateway and DNS address setting in the players as these need to be setup manually and perhaps they got corrupted in some way.
    Not sure, think it's DHCP but also a check box that says always use this address. Router is BT HH3, not as configurable as some?
    2 Booms, 1 radio, a touch and an SB3...think that's enough?

Quote Originally Posted by wonder boy View Post
    Not sure, think it's DHCP but also a check box that says always use this address. Router is BT HH3, not as configurable as some?
    Either way - check the various Advanced/Diagnostics settings on your player, see if there is anything unusual (e.g. Wireless Info, Server info) and compare mask, gateway and DNS settings with other devices.

BT routers are known to cause issues, there are a number of posts in here about flaky behaviour using them. Do a search for HH3 in here.

OK, reset router...again and connected one at a time.

radio takes 192.168.1.64

laptop takes 192.168.1.65

server takes 192.168.1.66

touch takes 192.168.1.67

SB3 takes 192.168.1.80 and doesn't appear on router devices although is streaming!

boom takes 192.168.1.68

Reset SB3 which this time took 192.168.1.69 and appears on router devices

2nd boom takes 192.168.1.70

iphone takes 192.168.1.86-regardless of anything else I do. All now connected, showing in hub devices and streaming. Will see how long for!!

Probably worth checking the Always use this address - this should avoid address conflicts when you switch devices on and off.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE!!

Ok so all 5 players stream nicely almost all the way through Marillion Misplaced Childhood...I know, I know!!

Then the radio loses connection on 10/11 tracks. Appears to still be connected to router but speed is 0 mpbs, curiously it's speed whilst streaming was 36 whilst others range between 48 & 54. Signal strength was 75 to 80 %

Here's the weird thing, I go to curse the radio, the red wifi indicator is present. I mess and try to connect to server, mysb.com, turn off and on etc radio now disappears from router list all together. But before it went I could click on info and it was showing an ip of 169.254.83.121 what the ????

Can't tell you how annoying this is, all other wifi devices work totally fine. Router and radio set back to factory several times, not sure where I go next?

I have the same issue with my radio, boom and touch never lose the wifi connection. A reboot of the radio allows it to reconnect and it keeps working for another period. I am running dhcp using Mac address to fix the ip address on the radio.

Only thing I can think to try is a fixed ip

This has only happened with the latest firmware.

With regard to my "no problems" report I should note that I do use static ip addresses for my radios (and everything else I have that never leaves my network)
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

A few days ago I had problems connecting my Squeezebox Radio to my WiFi-lan after a power failure. Sometimes my lan showed up in the list of available lan's but couldn┤t connect, sometimes it couldn┤t find my lan att all. When I adjusted my routers WiFi-channel from 12 to 10 there was no problems at all. Might be worth a try....

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    With regard to my "no problems" report I should note that I do use static ip addresses for my radios (and everything else I have that never leaves my network)
    Good point. I don't use a true static IP for my Radio, but I do use my router's "static DHCP" to reserve the same IP address for the Radio at all times.