Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by johtem View Post
    Last week i received a new wifimodem from my provider and after that i had lots of troubles with the wificonnection at my Radio's. Unable to connect, no reconnection after reset or startup, lost of connections overnight etc. But no problems with my Touch.
    I changed the channel from 1 to 13 to 12 with no result. The hint in this topic for channel 1,6 or 11 works. Since i choose for channel 11 no red icons anymore.
    Yes, with SB players it is best to use channel 11 or below. These are the only channels in the US.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by johtem View Post
    Last week i received a new wifimodem from my provider and after that i had lots of troubles with the wificonnection at my Radio's. Unable to connect, no reconnection after reset or startup, lost of connections overnight etc. But no problems with my Touch.
    I changed the channel from 1 to 13 to 12 with no result. The hint in this topic for channel 1,6 or 11 works. Since i choose for channel 11 no red icons anymore.
    I have these kinds of red WiFi issues as well, but only channel 6 worked for me. It would have issues on 1 and 11... it took me a few months of pain to figure that one out.

For me too, the only channel working is 6. And I haven't had a single drop since I changed to channel 6. It's now more than a month, and before changing I had about one drop a day.

This is anecdotal evidence of a cause for intermittent connections with LMS that should not occur (https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0) but moving my DECT 6 phone seemed to improve my connection problems with my Radio. I was told on another thread(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-can-t-connect) that I started, that my connection issues were almost certainly due to overloading the modem/router (which has 4 devices but only two are on at a time). I was sceptical about this and after changing my router channel to 6 and moving the DECT 6 phone further away (it was about two feet in between router and Radio) I noticed a dramatic improvement. I get some connection issues now if I have my Touch and Radio both playing internet radio and then try to connect to my local library. This does not last long before I have a good connection without any problems.

Note: Dect 6.0 is on a different frequency than wireless so interference should theoretically not occur
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2013-06-30 at 16:32.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 - 1614639334 @ Tue Mar 2 00:11:57 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    This is anecdotal evidence of a cause for intermittent connections with LMS that should not occur (https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0) but moving my DECT 6 phone seemed to improve my connection problems with my Radio. I was told on another thread(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-can-t-connect) that I started, that my connection issues were almost certainly due to overloading the modem/router (which has 4 devices but only two are on at a time). I was sceptical about this and after changing my router channel to 6 and moving the DECT 6 phone further away (it was about two feet in between router and Radio) I noticed a dramatic improvement. I get some connection issues now if I have my Touch and Radio both playing internet radio and then try to connect to my local library. This does not last long before I have a good connection without any problems.

Note: Dect 6.0 is on a different frequency than wireless so interference should theoretically not occur
    Interesting. My (anecdotal) evidence is a bit different. I was having trouble with my wifi signal dropping out abruptly when someone used the phone. The phone was a standard wireless phone (2.4 I think) and the base station was within a foot or two of the router (netgear g/n router). I could easily reproduce the problem. I replaced the phone with a DECT 6.0 and problem went away.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Interesting. My (anecdotal) evidence is a bit different. I was having trouble with my wifi signal dropping out abruptly when someone used the phone. The phone was a standard wireless phone (2.4 I think) and the base station was within a foot or two of the router (netgear g/n router). I could easily reproduce the problem. I replaced the phone with a DECT 6.0 and problem went away.
    I have a DECT 6.0 phone and my Radio only seems to work reliably on channel 6.

Not sure if they are related at all. This is the only WiFi device I have problems with, and I have quite a few devices.