Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, if you wanna keep the "let iTunes keep your files organized" checked, it may be that you have to move the audiobooks to the other directory manually when you get new ones. And even if you uncheck it, since that is the only folder you want elsewhere, it may still put them in the same place as your music files anyway. I don't know of a way to tell it to put certain files in one area and others in another with iTunes.

Now if you really didn't want your audiobooks mixed in with the music and didn't mind a little extra step to keep them segregated, you could create a new iTunes library just for the audiobooks and have only audiobooks in that one and music in the other one. I've got 3 different iTunes libraries that I use, 1 for my LMS music that is mostly Apple Lossless and whatever other lossy files that I don't have in lossless, 1 with my iPod AAC library and the 3rd is for special ripping or editing projects. It's easy to create or switch, just hold the Shift key while you click the iTunes icon to start iTunes, and that brings up the Create or Switch library dialog.

Thanks for the idea of another library. But back to initial idea, I have all music and audiobooks in the same directory but I tell LMS just not to scan or index files with a specific extension.

Tried to Disabled Audio File Extensions: epub, m4b, m4a in file type settings. Then I can not play the files but the are still listed. Did a full rescan but still there.

How can I go that way?

Anybody any suggestions on this last question? Would be nice.

Tried to use: "Disabled Audio File Extensions" and added epub, m4b, m4a in file type settings to avoid audiobooks being indexed. Does not work. Can not play them with Touch but they are still listed. So what is this setting for or how to use it properly?

I might be way off the mark here,.. But I once had a similar problem only with movies stored in iTunes.

No matter what I did,.. the movies would show up in the server library! It was strange, because iTunes stores movies in a iTunes/movies folder, and SBServer was pointed distinctly to the iTunes/music folder. I tried all the fixes suggested above.

I ended up changing the playlist folder to an empty one. It turned out that the movies were showing up, because they showed up in an iTunes play-list. I had this issue with 7.5 though, so it's a little while ago.
    Maybe something similar is happening here?