Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I noticed you basically double posted this question, PowerSwitchII and PowerSwitchIII are basically the same thing
    Jeff
    Sorry I didn't know that.

You enable the plugin ON the SB or in your case SBT under extras, if its not there it wont work.
    I can't find "Extras" anywhere in any of the menus on the Touch. I went to Settings > Home Menu and enabled hidden menu items, but I still don't have an Extras menu.

Let me be sure I understand: When I installed PowerSwitchII I copied the files to a "PowerSwitchII" directory on the Wandboard that runs LMS. It showed up and allowed itself to be enabled, but didn't seem to work (no voltage sent to the headphone jack). When I do exactly the same thing with PowerSwitchIII it doesn't show up in the Plugins tab. You seem to be saying that I need to SSH into the Touch itself (which is NOT running LMS) and install the plugin into the Touch's Linux tree structure? Even though the Touch is not running LMS?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestrad View Post
    Sorry I didn't know that.

I can't find "Extras" anywhere in any of the menus on the Touch. I went to Settings > Home Menu and enabled hidden menu items, but I still don't have an Extras menu.

Let me be sure I understand: When I installed PowerSwitchII I copied the files to a "PowerSwitchII" directory on the Wandboard that runs LMS. It showed up and allowed itself to be enabled, but didn't seem to work (no voltage sent to the headphone jack). When I do exactly the same thing with PowerSwitchIII it doesn't show up in the Plugins tab. You seem to be saying that I need to SSH into the Touch itself (which is NOT running LMS) and install the plugin into the Touch's Linux tree structure? Even though the Touch is not running LMS?
    I'm not sure why PowerSwitchIII failed to install when PowerSwitchII did. Did you change the ownership of the folder and contents to the LMS user ?

As PSII and PSIII are basically the same if II won't work III will not. From the original gwen designs link " *** Only works with Transporter or Squeezebox2/3 players *** "

Thats probably why it dosent show on your Squeezebox Touch !

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953