Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaskleppie View Post
    This constant updating is freaking me out!...
    Full ack. Have a look a my update insanity: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...t=90554&page=3

Too much technology freaks at Logitech, to little people with focus on continously stable user experience.
    Last edited by sd09pt; 2011-12-17 at 07:59.

Quote Originally Posted by sd09pt View Post
    To much technology freaks at Logitech, to less people with focus on continously stable user experience.
    maybe, and I'm sorry to hear you've had issues. but I have 3 very stable squeezebox setups that run 24/7 with many fewer issues during a year (virtually none) than, say, my dell windows laptop. And I'm not a professional technology person or programmer or network person. Just a user. And the SB Boom I setup for an 80+ year old mother of a friend has been rock solid for almost two years now without any intervention by me. She has had to hit a few buttons now and then to accept the firmware updates from mysb.com.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

First, thanks for helping, now I get somewhere.

1, ok I understand this. Still I dont get it why I have to log on to some server to listen internet radio. I never seen any other device or program that had to connect a server to listen internet radio, but okay, so be it....
    2, I checked my NAS by logging in the sbs as you said. The strange thing is that my account settings were already filled in and my favorite radio station are also in the favorites menu.
    But when I start a internet radio show it comes again with this strange error that it cant resolve the IP address for this station. It doesnt matter which station I choose. All wont work and give the same error.

And thats why I have to switch between servers. The local server on the NAS only works with my own musis. And the other only works for my favorite internet radio stations.

Any ideas?
    What kind of NAS there been problems with DNS settings in some cases, or other problems where our server software is running before the NAS got a proper network conection, or some other network problem on the NAS, or more correct internet problem on the nas ? For some reason your locla server cant see internet ?

If it worked it would have worked seamlesly , when listening local music controlled the player with your
    Controller and the sudenly chose internet radio would not make the player conect to mysqueezebox.com
    The radio menus would have apeared anyway and younwould still be conected to the NAS .

I would investigate the network settings on the NAS if it has static it ip you must also set the correct dns servers for it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Same problem with paradise radio. "Cant resolve the IP address bla bla bla...."

I checked on mysqueezebox.com if I use the right password and username and I do so that cant be the problem.
    Is there some way to test connections?

Is there some useful information in the server.log file when you try to access the internet radio stream ?

You will find the server.log file through Squeezebox Server Settings/Advanced/Logging page.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    What kind of NAS there been problems with DNS settings in some cases, or other problems where our server software is running before the NAS got a proper network conection, or some other network problem on the NAS, or more correct internet problem on the nas ? For some reason your locla server cant see internet ?

If it worked it would have worked seamlesly , when listening local music controlled the player with your
    Controller and the sudenly chose internet radio would not make the player conect to mysqueezebox.com
    The radio menus would have apeared anyway and younwould still be conected to the NAS .

I would investigate the network settings on the NAS if it has static it ip you must also set the correct dns servers for it.

Bingo!
    I checked my NAS and for some reason it was using the wrong DNS and gateway settings. Restarting the NAS was enough to get new and correct settings.
    I really dont know why it was using (or got) these settings. I have 1 router, no switches, no other dhcp servers whatsoever. Strange....
    Maybe that power drop 2 weeks ago?
    thanks guy's!

Still I agree with sd09pt! this device is made to play music, not to be some computer geeks play box.
    A music lover would make radio station presets in the menu. Only a computer geek thinks of "favorites"..
    Too many tech heads at Logitech, thats a fact!

A music lover would make radio station presets in the menu. Only a computer geek thinks of "favorites"..
    You mean like my dad had in his 1962 Pontiac AM in-dash radio. It's 2011 and almost any web browser user (user like my 75 year old mother, not just a geek) is familiar with the concept of a favorites list. ;-)

ps. You can have station presets on the boom and I think even on other players via use of the number keys on the remote.
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

And here's a bit of computer geek advise. When things aren't working correctly, first step is to always reboot the computer ( and a NAS is a computer). And I'm not even a computer geek. ;-)

Bingo!
    Still I agree with sd09pt! this device is made to play music, not to be some computer geeks play box.
    Well thanks to the friendly and knowledgeable geeks like garym you got your solution!
    My system:
    LMS 7.7.1(rc1) on Diskstation DS207+ (DSM3.1-1594) via SSODS4.9.1mod2 (by j-r)
    LMS 7.7.2-002 on Diskstation DS212+ (DSM4.0) via .spk
    1 x Logitech Radio, 1 x Touch

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    And here's a bit of computer geek advise. When things aren't working correctly, first step is to always reboot the computer ( and a NAS is a computer). And I'm not even a computer geek. ;-)
    Yeah, its quite logical that listening to a web radio station goes via a server in a nas, and that server connects to a some other server...
    Why such a enormous stupid way to listen to some internet radio?