Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaskleppie View Post
    Why do I have to change to some kind of server with its own software version?
    Because, as stated above, you are switching between incompatible servers. Upgrading your Netgear LMS-package would be best imho
    My system:
    LMS 7.7.1(rc1) on Diskstation DS207+ (DSM3.1-1594) via SSODS4.9.1mod2 (by j-r)
    LMS 7.7.2-002 on Diskstation DS212+ (DSM4.0) via .spk
    1 x Logitech Radio, 1 x Touch

This constant updating is freaking me out!
    When I want to listen web radio and choose one from my favorites, I first get some stupid error that it cant find the IP address or something. Then, when I am going to internet radio to search for these web stations it comes with the new 7.7 update. Ok, I update the thing and web radio is working again...
    But when I want to listen my own music on my netgear NAS i first have to downdate it to 7.6 to be able to listen the music on it.
    And guess what happens when I want to listen internet radio again? Yes, it wont work until I update it again to 7.7....

Why do I have to do this? In what world are we living? Cant this be solved? Why do I have to change between all these servers just to listen some music? This is ridiculous, stupid, not necessary.....
    I dont want to be bothered with all this server bullshit. When I choose "my own music", I want to hear my own music. When I want to listen "internet radio", I choose internet radio. Why do I have to change to some kind of server with its own software version?
    When you listen to internet radio is your computer running SbS/LMS (the one you use for listening to your own music). If so, and if you've entered your mysb.com credentials in the settings of SbS/LMS then you should NEVER have to switch to mysb.com to listen to anything. You can listen to your own music AND internet radio, all while being served by your local SbS/LMS. And if you turn off autoupdate notices, you'll never see notices either.

You must be switching off the computer with your own music and that's why it then looks for mysb.com....
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by pz1 View Post
    Because, as stated above, you are switching between incompatible servers. Upgrading your Netgear LMS-package would be best imho
    You dont get the point. Why do you have to be some kind of computer nerd to use something that only supposed to play the music I want and nothing more?

Do you know how long I did to get the last update working on my NAS? And now I can start all over....
    Maybe a warning sticker on the box would be handy: If you just want to listen music, dont buy this device!

You dont get the point. Why do you have to be some kind of computer nerd to use something that only supposed to play the music I want and nothing more?

Do you know how long I did to get the last update working on my NAS? And now I can start all over....
    Maybe a warning sticker on the box would be handy: If you just want to listen music, dont buy this device!
    You only have to be a computer nerd if you use a NAS, it's 10 times easier on any other platform...

Beside you can still listen to radio with your NAS whatever version it's on, so listen to your music AND radio with your NAS , don't switch to mysb.com ever, then it will just work as desired.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

or: Because of simple setup requirements this unit is recommended for Ages 10 and above
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    When you listen to internet radio is your computer running SbS/LMS (the one you use for listening to your own music). If so, and if you've entered your mysb.com credentials in the settings of SbS/LMS then you should NEVER have to switch to mysb.com to listen to anything. You can listen to your own music AND internet radio, all while being served by your local SbS/LMS. And if you turn off autoupdate notices, you'll never see notices either.

You must be switching off the computer with your own music and that's why it then looks for mysb.com....
    I cant follow you. SbS I know is some squeezeboxe server, but what is LMS? When I want to listen webradio the sb is asking me to switch over, thats why I do change to some other server. Im afraid that when I shut down the update's one of the 2 features I use won't work anymore. Or not?

I cant follow you. SbS I know is some squeezeboxe server, but what is LMS? When I want to listen webradio the sb is asking me to switch over, thats why I do change to some other server. Im afraid that when I shut down the update's one of the 2 features I use won't work anymore. Or not?
    The SqueezeboxServer (SbS) is the name of the server until recently (version 7.6.2). The new name of the server is Logitech Media Server (LMS), now version 7.7.1.

To use one of these network streamers, there has to be a server. You have two basic choices (not counting the "tinySbS" built-in to the TOUCH).

1. mysqueezebox.com (LMS "in the cloud"). With this you can listen to internet radio, pandora, mog, spotify, etc. But you can't listen to your own music.
    2. SbS or LMS running on your local computer. With this you can listen to everything you can listen to with mysqueezebox.com AND IN ADDITION you can listen to your own music. You need to make sure that you have logged into SbS on your NAS via a webbrowser and gone to SETTINGS and mysb.com tab and entered your mysb.com credentials.
    http://192.168.1.18:9000
    but replace 192.168.1.18 with the IP address of your NAS

With a NAS, which I assume is always on, and your mysqueezebox.com credentials entered into your SbS running on the NAS, you should never have to switch to mysb.com to listen to anything. I assume your own music is stored on the NAS?

On yor NAS what have you installed ? "logitech sever software" change name far to often.
    So on your NAS you have a version of it, it can be called sbs = squeezeboxserver or lms = logitechmedia server same same. ( or slimserver or squeezcenter ).

However whatever it's called you have the webpage for it ? Http://< you nas >:9000 ok

Right hand corner there is a link to settings on the settings view there is a mysqueezebox.com tab .

Here you can enter your email and password and mysqueezebox.com functions will be integrated trough the server/NAS and you done, this actually works much better than using mysb.com directly.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    The SqueezeboxServer (SbS) is the name of the server until recently (version 7.6.2). The new name of the server is Logitech Media Server (LMS), now version 7.7.1.

To use one of these network streamers, there has to be a server. You have two basic choices (not counting the "tinySbS" built-in to the TOUCH).

1. mysqueezebox.com (LMS "in the cloud"). With this you can listen to internet radio, pandora, mog, spotify, etc. But you can't listen to your own music.
    2. SbS or LMS running on your local computer. With this you can listen to everything you can listen to with mysqueezebox.com AND IN ADDITION you can listen to your own music. You need to make sure that you have logged into SbS on your NAS via a webbrowser and gone to SETTINGS and mysb.com tab and entered your mysb.com credentials.
    http://192.168.1.18:9000
    but replace 192.168.1.18 with the IP address of your NAS

With a NAS, which I assume is always on, and your mysqueezebox.com credentials entered into your SbS running on the NAS, you should never have to switch to mysb.com to listen to anything. I assume your own music is stored on the NAS?
    First, thanks for helping, now I get somewhere.

1, ok I understand this. Still I dont get it why I have to log on to some server to listen internet radio. I never seen any other device or program that had to connect a server to listen internet radio, but okay, so be it....
    2, I checked my NAS by logging in the sbs as you said. The strange thing is that my account settings were already filled in and my favorite radio station are also in the favorites menu.
    But when I start a internet radio show it comes again with this strange error that it cant resolve the IP address for this station. It doesnt matter which station I choose. All wont work and give the same error.

And thats why I have to switch between servers. The local server on the NAS only works with my own musis. And the other only works for my favorite internet radio stations.

Any ideas?

First, thanks for helping, now I get somewhere.

1, ok I understand this. Still I dont get it why I have to log on to some server to listen internet radio. I never seen any other device or program that had to connect a server to listen internet radio, but okay, so be it....
    Well, technically you don't with SB and SbS/LMS. If you paste the URL of the internet radio stream into a FAVORITE in SbS on your NAS, it will work even if you don't have a mysb.com account. The mysb.com account is needed however for music services (pandora, siriusXM, etc.) or to use certain internet radio aggregators (e.g. tunein). But anyhow, I don't think this is your issue.

2, I checked my NAS by logging in the sbs as you said. The strange thing is that my account settings were already filled in and my favorite radio station are also in the favorites menu.
    But when I start a internet radio show it comes again with this strange error that it cant resolve the IP address for this station. It doesnt matter which station I choose. All wont work and give the same error.

And thats why I have to switch between servers. The local server on the NAS only works with my own musis. And the other only works for my favorite internet radio stations.

Any ideas?
    Hmmm. Maybe SbS on your NAS is not actually connecting to mysb.com (double check your credentials on the mysb.com tab within your NAS sbS (or just reenter them...)

Also, try this. on SbS webGUI on your NAS, go to favorites on left side of screen. click on the little "pencil" icon to the far right of favorites and you'll go into edit mode. At bottom is a place for adding URL and giving a name. Enter this URL for radioparadise and save. Then from SbS on your NAS try and play this favorite. Does it work?

http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_128.m3u