Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sc53 View Post
    if I select the screwed up playlist it just starts playing, does not give me an option to delete the whole damn thing. Any hints?
    If you do a press and hold on the playlist, the context menu has an entry to delete it.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Touch > My Music > Playlists

On the Touch screen press & hold the playlist title, Delete will be offered. Can probably use the "+" button on remote too.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Can probably use the "+" button on remote too.
    That's what I do.

Thumbs down current inbuilt playlist features = FAIL

I try not to use the Touch for editing playlists.
    I use Foobar in combination with some batch scripts to reset the filename paths. Currently, there are 5 playlists in my Touch, because it's too worksome.

It would be so great if Logitech took this serious: a good realtime playlist solution is something you really need in the Touch. Currently it's crippled and non-intuitive. And it's driving my girlfriend madddd.

What I want: whenever you hear a song, you are able to add it to a specific playlist that is not active. So in random song mode, when you hear a great groovy song you are able to add the current song to your playlist funkyjazz.

Quote Originally Posted by sendermen View Post
    What I want: whenever you hear a song, you are able to add it to a specific playlist that is not active. So in random song mode, when you hear a great groovy song you are able to add the current song to your playlist funkyjazz.
    The PLAYLIST MANAGER plugin does exactly this. You should install this. (on your Settings > Plugins page you may need to check the box to display all 3rd party plugins to see it....
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I have this week installed 7.7.1 and 'lost' all my plug-ins in the process.

I can not now either see the Playlist Manager plug-in on the list available to add (and neither do I see an option of 'Display all 3rd party plug-ins)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STEVESPUR View Post
    I have this week installed 7.7.1 and 'lost' all my plug-ins in the process.

I can not now either see the Playlist Manager plug-in on the list available to add (and neither do I see an option of 'Display all 3rd party plug-ins)

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Hmmm, First I'd clear the cache on my web browser. If that doesn't work, I'd stop then restart LMS. after that, reinstall LMS 7.7.1....
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Thanks Gary, all now fixed

I needed to tick the extension downloaded box to then get access to all 3rd party plug-ins

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    In it simplest form the play action should be replaced with play next (then the new selection will be crammed into the ongiong list) and add to end could be there to ,so that whatever is done just grows the playlist.
    it is not easy to understand why they decided that this was a bad thing ?
    exactly my sentiments.
    how and why should the Play option be interpreted as Play and destroy current playlist?

Because play next only works with single tracks (which kind of makes sense) while most people play whole albums most of the time
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch