Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Help with Wake Up on Lan Issues + Scanning for ever?

I've just upgraded to the Vortexbox 1.9 iso release and have performed a manual update of the squeezebox server to 7.7.0. As part of this general update process I've updated the bios on my Atom based D410T to the latest version 542.

My issue are:

i) The Vortexbox server now wakes up (powers up) as soon as I turn on one of my Touch units. Even if I only wish to use the internet radio via mysqueeezebox! Up to these recent events the Vortexbox (Atom) server only powered on when I elected to connect to the Vortexbox server in order to access my music. This is how I'd like it to be.
    As far as I can tell this must be an indirect result of updating the Atom D410T bios Was it luck that it worked this way previously? Or can I reconfigure either the bios or the Logitech to change this behavior?
    ii) After copying back my entire Flac collection and re scanning , I've observed that the server is continuously scanning on my system and appears not to have stopped!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I'm now doing a fresh re install of 1.9 with hope that something went wrong previously?

I've also trialed V2.0 of the Vortexbox with Fedora 16, but found the the svrpwrcontrl plugin G.Harris (beta) version wouldn't shut down the system!

I've therefore reverted to 1.9

My previous post is on the Vortexbox forum

http://vortexbox.org/forum/general/n...de-how/#p18899

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Thanks again for any advice.

Even if VB woke up, would it not simply go back to sleep in xx minutes after the player has switched to MySB?

You could check in adapter settings if the system wakes up on ALL network activity or just on mgic packet. Magic packet is the setting that would do at least with Windows Machines.

Vortexbox sleep mode.

Hello Toby10,

Thanks a good point, with my current confused state I hadn't considered this. Can this be configured and if so where?

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by bayard1music View Post
    i) The Vortexbox server now wakes up (powers up) as soon as I turn on one of my Touch units.
    After upgrading VB or SBS, all of my SB devices are attached to my server, so they all wake it up. After I attach a device to MySB.com, it stops waking up the server.

At least this was true up through 7.6.1; I'm only installing VB 2.0 and LMS now, so we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by bayard1music View Post
    Hello Toby10,

Thanks a good point, with my current confused state I hadn't considered this. Can this be configured and if so where?

Alan
    Should be already configured, no? Your computer is configured to sleep if no activity, once the player is no longer connected to that computer/LMS there should be no activity.

turn on player, player wakes computer, player switched to MySB, player no longer connected to computer/LMS, computer goes back to sleep (no activity)