Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Threaded View

Special characters in filenames - differently treated

I have windows 7 ultimate sp1, english, with polish locale set,
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.0 - r33614.
    I found that logitech media server doesn't scan some music files I have.
    I found it comparing library statistics' total tracks with total count of flac files on my disc.
    I have some more files on disc than in library. After full rescan I ran query with SQLite:
    "select url from scanned_files where filesize=0 and url like '%.fla%' order by url;" and found what exactly files was missing.
    These with some special characters in filename like 'Š' or '┐' or '˛' (beyond ASCII code).
    I have many files with the special characters but only 10 was missing.

Example of missing ones:
    url:
    file:///F:/Music/!NEW2/Evils%20Toy/Angels%20Only%20(1998)/04%20-%20Forever%3F!.flac
    path:
    f:\Music\!NEW2\Evils Toy\Angels Only (1998)\04 - Forever┐!.flac
    url:
    file:///F:/Music/FLAC/LETHER~1/Retention%20No.%201%20(2007)/Disc%201/04%20-%20Le%3Fther%20Strip%20Part%20I.flac
    path:
    f:\Music\FLAC\LeŠther Strip\Retention No. 1 (2007)\Disc 1\04 - LeŠther Strip Part I.flac

But no problem with many other files with the same special characters.
    Example of good ones:
    url:
    file:///F:/Music/FLAC/Diary%20of%20Dreams/(If)%20(2009)/Disc%201/05-WAH~1.FLA
    path:
    f:\Music\FLAC\Diary of Dreams\(If) (2009)\Disc 1\05 - Wahn!Sinn┐.flac
    url:
    file:///F:/Music/FLAC/LETHER~1/Retention%20No.%201%20(2007)/Disc%202/09-LET~1.FLA
    path:
    f:\Music\FLAC\LeŠther Strip\Retention No. 1 (2007)\Disc 2\09 - LeŠther Strip Part I 07.flac

Special characters in folder path don't matter, just sometimes in filenames.
    There is no problem when scanner treats filenames with special characters with old 8+3 filename convention.
    The problems occur when it tries to url encode these files with full path.
    If I past good url in the Run dialog window - windows starts default flac player with the file
    If I past bad url in the Run dialog window - windows cannot find the file.

Does somebody know why and when the scanner does sometimes right, sometimes not ?

Thanks
    Roger7
    Last edited by Roger7; 2011-11-15 at 13:02.