Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Question Control one Squeezebox Touch with another

Hi All,

I currently have a SB Touch running along with the media server that's connected to my whole house audio system. Works great. But I want control of the Touch from different room in the house, primarily upstairs in the bedroom.

I do have a Windows phone 7 app called Squeeze Remote that works great with the Touch, but even then I donít always have my phone in upstairs all of the time.

Given that the Touch is more reasonably priced than a dedicated laptop and smaller than any netbook, I was thinking about putting one in the bedroom. But I would like to be able to control the main Touch with the one in the bedroom, is this possible?

TIA,
    Vidmar

Sure, not a problem at all. The Touch is both a player and a controller, as are the Radio and the SB Duet Controller. You can use the Choose Player menu option to choose which SB you are controlling, ie, the one right in front of you, or any other SB in the house.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    Sure, not a problem at all. The Touch is both a player and a controller, as are the Radio and the SB Duet Controller. You can use the Choose Player menu option to choose which SB you are controlling, ie, the one right in front of you, or any other SB in the house.
    Works perfectly I would also set the controlling touch to have different wallpaper ( background image ) when controlling the " other " player, so that it is obvius from a distance what you are controlling as also the ir remote follows the choosen player.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html