Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Need setting advice with new ISP

I am planning to change my ISP within two-three days..Will I have to open any ports with new router like we do with torrents..OR just simply search for the new network in advance setting & it will accept it as default network ? Or do I need to reset SQ touch completely before connecting to new ISP ? Plz advice..

Quote Originally Posted by umapati View Post
    I am planning to change my ISP within two-three days..Will I have to open any ports with new router like we do with torrents..OR just simply search for the new network in advance setting & it will accept it as default network ? Or do I need to reset SQ touch completely before connecting to new ISP ? Plz advice..
    really shouldn't need to do anything special. Will you have the same router attached or a new/different router?
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

pski
    If you are using a player from the "outside" of your home network, you will need to open ports 3483 (UDP and TCP) and 9000 TCP, pointing them to the machine running SqueezeboxServer.

Some modems call this NAT (or port) forwarding and some call them pinholes.

More importantly, make sure the new modem's "network" is the same as the "network" created by any wireless router you have. For example: if your new modem's network is 192.168.254.x and your old modem and wifi router's network is 192.168.1.x, you will need to change the new modem to agree. If you don't, your wifi devices will be on a different network than your wired (to the modem) computers and they won't be able to talk to each other.

P
    Last edited by pski; 2011-11-01 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    really shouldn't need to do anything special. Will you have the same router attached or a new/different router?
    Yes..the router will be different..& I use this network at home only & don't access it from other places..So,will I have to open up this port ? OR I will only have to search for the new network to get connected..
    Last edited by umapati; 2011-11-02 at 02:24.

I'd suggest just try the new router in it's stock configuration, see if it works. Most home network users never need to mess with ports etc..
    If it is an issue with the new ISP/modem/router come back here and it will get sorted.

I've been through three ISP's with five different modems and two different routers (latest router with two different firmwares) and I've never once had to mess with ports for SqueezeBox usage.

Note: All of my above changes in ISP's, modems, routers are completely unrelated to anything SqueezeBox. SqueezeBox has worked fine with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    I'd suggest just try the new router in it's stock configuration, see if it works. Most home network users never need to mess with ports etc..
    If it is an issue with the new ISP/modem/router come back here and it will get sorted.

I've been through three ISP's with five different modems and two different routers (latest router with two different firmwares) and I've never once had to mess with ports for SqueezeBox usage.

Note: All of my above changes in ISP's, modems, routers are completely unrelated to anything SqueezeBox. SqueezeBox has worked fine with all of them.
    Oh..tats great.Thanks a lot toby10..i will be getting my new modem day after tomorrow.I will surely be here if i find any problem in setting it up.

Yes..the router will be different..& I use this network at home only & don't access it from other places..So,will I have to open up this port ? OR I will only have to search for the new network to get connected..
    Should be simple. Across two different internet providers and 4 different routers over time, I've never had to open a single port to make my SB system work. Plug it all in, setup any WIFI password, give this password to the SB players, and it should just work....
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

Should be simple. Across two different internet providers and 4 different routers over time, I've never had to open a single port to make my SB system work. Plug it all in, setup any WIFI password, give this password to the SB players, and it should just work....
    Thanx a lot Garym..I am now much relieved..Coz I was very much worried..feels like can't live without my SQ touch..Amazing product..

Ya..very true..It was very simple..i just searched for the new network & I started enjoying my SQ touch as it was before..Thanx a lot to all the buddies for helping me..

Ya..very true..It was very simple..i just searched for the new network & I started enjoying my SQ touch as it was before..Thanx a lot to all the buddies for helping me..
    perfect! enjoy....