Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is the code still in the tree? Can automatic rescanning be re-enabled if one insists on doing so? How?

Quote Originally Posted by bhaagensen View Post
    Is the code still in the tree? Can automatic rescanning be re-enabled if one insists on doing so? How?
    The prefs for it are still in the server.prefs file even if the UI is hidden

"
    autorescan: 0
    autorescan_stat_interval: 10
    "

Code might still be there ? try at your own risk.

Stop LMS before editing a prefs file directly .LMS reads the file at next start.

This migth not work any good at all .....

I would only attempt this if I only use the music functionality no video or pictures .

And never on a windows system , autorescan was never working properly on windows machines
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Thanks. I'll give it a try making sure I'm wearing my electromagnetic superconductor shield-suit, in case it implodes.

And 10-4 on the warning - never to engage in computer related activities using Windows

Really annoyed this was removed. It worked perfectly on my Debian based SBS machine. I just enabled this preference and the feature doesn't work, so it looks like the code has been removed also..

Quote Originally Posted by murkle View Post
    Really annoyed this was removed. It worked perfectly on my Debian based SBS machine. I just enabled this preference and the feature doesn't work, so it looks like the code has been removed also..
    What version it might not work at all in 7.7.x what about 7.6.2 ?

They made quite a lot of scanner changes and when this feature was of so obviulsy not accounted for ? wonder if they ever plan on bringin it back .

Rescans can at least be initiated from:

ip3k players (SB2/3 TP and boom )

And iPeng or SqueezePad .

And the web-UI of course .

For completely unexplainable reason bugs that requested the ability to start a scan from the player (just like an sb3 or Boom) has been turned down with wontfix on Touch and Radio no explanation offered why it is good on SB3 but bad on Touch ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

7.6.2 is revision 33593 so I think the autoscan code is removed at that point, I'm reinstalling 7.6.1 just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    It really never worked properly in windows, did they not make that setting invisible in the windows version ?

They migth have removed it completely, I'm not at home rigth now can't check it out ? Wonder how it works together with pictures and videos ?
    +1
    never worked properly
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by murkle View Post
    7.6.2 is revision 33593 so I think the autoscan code is removed at that point, I'm reinstalling 7.6.1 just now.
    Looking at messages from the checkins mailing list, AutoRescan was never disabled in 7.6 trunk, so 7.6.2 should have it.

In 7.7 it was revision 33446 (14-Sep) so anything prior to that in 7.7 would also have it.
    Last edited by JJZolx; 2011-11-30 at 12:42.

Does Stuart Hickinbottom's Autorescan plugin not achieve the same outcome?
    http://www.hickinbottom.com/autorescan