Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't jump to a music file

I am using sb touch together with a Synology NAS and an ipod touch as remote-control (app Ipeng).
    When I am in the album mode, and choose an music-number from an album, the Touch always played directly that number (and made a playlist for the total Album).
    But now after upgrading to squeezebox server 7.6.1 the Touch always plays the first number from the CD. So whatever I choose, SB Touch always goes to the first number of the album.
    Anybody with a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapiovra View Post
    I am using sb touch together with a Synology NAS and an ipod touch as remote-control (app Ipeng).
    When I am in the album mode, and choose an music-number from an album, the Touch always played directly that number (and made a playlist for the total Album).
    But now after upgrading to squeezebox server 7.6.1 the Touch always plays the first number from the CD. So whatever I choose, SB Touch always goes to the first number of the album.
    Anybody with a solution?
    It's an SBS (not iPeng's) bug, and one that I find particularly annoying! Please vote for it at
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17576
    and maybe we can get the priority raised on it.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: SGC microJukebox/Squeezelite> ultraRendu > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > LFD NCSE II amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.2 - 0.8.20181005git1538738519 on a 1TB microJukebox Vortexbox Appliance, SonicOrbiter V 2.7.

Thanks.
    I just voted.

Thanks.
    I just voted.
    Yes! thanks. Specifically, I only find this bug when, in iPeng, trying to go to a particular track from an album accessed via my "Music Folder".

Acessing an individual track (other than #1) from Genres, Albums, or Artists seems to work fine. Pippin has verified both the bug and the fact that it's an SBS problem.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: SGC microJukebox/Squeezelite> ultraRendu > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > LFD NCSE II amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.2 - 0.8.20181005git1538738519 on a 1TB microJukebox Vortexbox Appliance, SonicOrbiter V 2.7.

Well, the difference is that when I access an individual track (other than #1) from Albums it also doesn┤t function.
    By the way: is it possible to reinstall an older version of SBS?

Well, the difference is that when I access an individual track (other than #1) from Albums it also doesn┤t function.
    By the way: is it possible to reinstall an older version of SBS?
    Of course....

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/

Funny that Albums works for me and not you....a mystery to me.
    Last edited by rgro; 2011-10-18 at 13:23.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------

> It's an SBS (not iPeng's) bug, and one that I find particularly
    > annoying! Please vote for it at
    > http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17576
    > and maybe we can get the priority raised on it.

You might want to add a little more information to that bug report. Eg.
    why you know/think this is a SBS issue.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > It's an SBS (not iPeng's) bug, and one that I find particularly
    > annoying! Please vote for it at
    > http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17576
    > and maybe we can get the priority raised on it.

You might want to add a little more information to that bug report. Eg.
    why you know/think this is a SBS issue.

--

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Ummmm....because Pippin said it was....? But now that I look back at that interchange I think he cited a different bug. Seems we may have two bugs (17199 and 17576) filed for the same problem??? See below:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...51929&page=367 (September 15).
    ================================================== ======================================
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rgro
    I have a small problem which is vexing me. I suspect it's something simple, but I just can't quite figure it out. When I'm selecting an album from either "Genre" or "Artist", the tracks are displayed and I can select any track and it will play that track just fine. However, when I select an album from "Music Folder", the tracks are displayed and no matter which track I select to play, it always plays track #1. The only way I can get a specific track (other than #1) to play is to touch and hold that track which brings up the context menu and then touching "Play" will play that track.

Indeed. Looks like they broke "play_index" again for Muic Folders in 7.6.1
    http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17199

As always, your assistance and attention is much appreciated!
    Last edited by rgro; 2011-10-18 at 23:34.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------

> Ummmm....because Pippin said it was. But now that I look back at that
    > interchange I think he cited a different bug. Seems we may have two
    > bugs filed for the same problem??? See below:

Ah, ok. I'll dupe them then. Thanks!

--

Michael

Thanks, Michael. Maybe I'm in the minority, but the way I've got my music folder organized, it's quite conducive for locating my music, so I use it often as opposed to genres, albums, or artists which I use less frequently. So, for me, fixing this would be extremely nice, pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!! ;>)
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------