Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox and multiple speakers

Hi, I'm looking for the least expensive way to use a Squeezebox device plus speakers in multiple rooms.

What I have now:
    * Synology DS211J which I can use as a Squeezebox server
    * I do not have any significant stereo system, just a multi-DVD player (not useful here as far as I can tell

What I would like:
    * Wireless connection to Logitech Squeezebox (but wired if necessary)
    * Speakers in multiple locations (3 to be exact)
    * Speakers need not be stereo
    * Adding Wireless speakers preferred

So, if anyone has suggestions on which Logitech Squeezebox to purchase, plus specific speakers that would work in my situation, I would really appreciate it.

Also, I am very good with computers, so anything networking-wise I can handle.

You may want to look at three radios ..

.. Since they seem to fit the bill, assuming that your rooms are of reasonable size.
    - wireless
    - mono seems not be an issue to you

Bernard

Follow-up

Follow-up question. If I have 3 Squeezebox radios, and they are all synch'ed (not sure how).
    Then I select a new song or change to Pandora radio, do all 3 change to the same? [I would want them all to change together.]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitchcock4 View Post
    Follow-up question. If I have 3 Squeezebox radios, and they are all synch'ed (not sure how).
    Then I select a new song or change to Pandora radio, do all 3 change to the same? [I would want them all to change together.]

Thanks
    Yes
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify