Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duet Controller has died

My duet controller seems to have died. When I press and hold the on/off button, all that happens is that the button backlights either switch on or off. The unit never boots up.

Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Try removing then reinserting the battery. Sure it was charged correctly making a connection to the charging posts?

Tried that, it makes not difference. Lights go out when battery out, they go back on when the battery re-inserted, but then the controller is still unresponsive. Is there a way to cold-boot it, or to factory reset without it being booted up?

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Try removing then reinserting the battery. Sure it was charged correctly making a connection to the charging posts?
    Yes, I've never had a problem charging the unit; I'm sure the battery was fully charged before the controller started this problem.

I've had exactly the same problem with my controller. Is there some way to reset it when it won't power up?

I did this yesterday to reset the controller. It worked, but I had to restore
    all my preferences afterwards.

1. Hold down the Home (power) button for 12 seconds to force a power down.
    Or remove the battery.

2. While holding down the ADD (+) button, press the Home (power) button again.
    The button lights will flash and the Controller will power on.

3. Release the ADD (+) button when the Logitech logo appears on the Controller's display.

4. Set up controller.

The above is from the Logitech website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion Snowman, but it had no effect. All I can get it to do is backlight the buttons.

Logitech's advice was to discount it being a battery problem by placing the controller in the cradle without battery then trying to power up. It behaved the same way in this situation, so its not a battery fault.

Shame, looks mike my controller is toast, unless anyone has a different suggestion?

Mine died after I tried downloading 7.6.1 (see my recent thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=90606). I contacted Logitech support and after 45 mins or so of trying various stuff he gave me an RMA for a replacement. Believe me, this thing was out of warranty. The battery only lasted about 25 seconds anymore so I had to use it while it was still in the cradle, which connected to it very loosely so it wouldn't always charge. Anyway, 2 weeks later I have a brand new Controller and 2 cradles. Don't know why the extra cradles but whatever. I suggest you call Logitech customer support for Squeezebox and do what I did. I didn't have a sales receipt or anything because I bought mine off of eBay used about 5 yrs ago! Anyway I am very pleased with Logitech. Controller works perfectly now.
    Last edited by sc53; 2011-10-20 at 16:39.

pski
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews65 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Snowman, but it had no effect. All I can get it to do is backlight the buttons.

Logitech's advice was to discount it being a battery problem by placing the controller in the cradle without battery then trying to power up. It behaved the same way in this situation, so its not a battery fault.

Shame, looks mike my controller is toast, unless anyone has a different suggestion?
    The symptom is a completely dead battery that will not take any charge.

Remember: an Li-Ion battery has a lifespan that starts with manufacture, not use. No need to buy an extra: it will die on the shelf.

This battery is different from the battery for the 8xx Logitech programmable remotes.

P

Thanks for the two previous replies.

pski, can you confirm you think its a battery problem, even though the controller won't boot up in the cradle with the battery removed? This was the test Logitech advised me to do in order to determine if it was a battery fault or not. I'm pretty sure the cradle makes a good power connection to the controller.

sc53, Logitech support advised me they can't send a replacement "to comply with local laws" (I live in the UK). Sounds like nonsense to me.