Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by guidof View Post
    Phil, could you elaborate a bit more about your experience with Behringer gear? In particular, would you say that there might be a SQ deterioration with a DEQ2496 (between the SBTouch and an external DAC) significant enough to offset any EQ or DRC improvement?

A TACT unit may be more advanced than the Behringer, but the price difference between TACT and DEQ2496 is not trivial, of course.

Thanks very much for your thoughts.

Guido F.
    There could still be a net benefit of using the Behringer. I was simply pointing out that the TACT units are higher quality so you get MORE benefit.
    Having said that, Inguz beats TACT for me! YMMV.
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

broken install with upgrade

The thing that really kills me about Inguz DRC is the fact that the command prompt based install for Mac OS "breaks" with each SBS update and needs to be redone.

In addition, the threads describing edits several (dedicated and generous) members of this forum have made to the Inguz DRC files to keep them operational with the newer versions of SBS are often difficult to follow and replicate.

Does any former Inguz DRC user have experience with the BruteFir plugin - particularly with VortexBox? Would the BruteFir install break with updates as the Inguz Mac OS version did?
    Server: MacBook Air w/ MacOS 10.10.1
    Sources: Apple TV, SB Touch, NAD C542
    Amplification: NAD C390DD, Schiit Modi/Vali, NAD C725BEE
    Loudspeakers: Magneplanar MMG, SVS SB-12 Plus, Paradigm Monitor 9 v.7
    Headphones: Audyssey LCD2, Grado SR60, Etymotic ER4P

http://www.last.fm/user/esbrewer

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Leigh View Post
    There could still be a net benefit of using the Behringer. I was simply pointing out that the TACT units are higher quality so you get MORE benefit.
    Having said that, Inguz beats TACT for me! YMMV.
    I'm still intrigued by Inguz. However, it's more complex than I think I can handle, and it seems to require more computing power than a Vortexbox Appliance can muster. On the other hand, the Behringer is cheaper than the TACT and may well yield some benefit.

I may just put this on the back burner for a while and enjoy the music !

But thanks very much for your posts.

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
    CISCO Router>DLink Bridge>Vortexbox Appliance/Squeezelite>SOtM Card>REGEN>Benchmark DAC2 D>Little Dot Mk 9 Preamp>DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
    Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
    Treadmill:
    FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones

Inguz works great on VortexBox. I had some complex filters running and it only used about 15% CPU load on my VortexBox Appliance.

Setting it up is easy. The directions are here.

http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=Inguz+DSP
    rip, tag, get cover artů All you do is insert the CD!
    http://vortexbox.org

agillis
    Lead Developer VortexBox

Quote Originally Posted by agillis View Post
    Inguz works great on VortexBox. I had some complex filters running and it only used about 15% CPU load on my VortexBox Appliance.

Setting it up is easy. The directions are here.

http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=Inguz+DSP
    Thanks for the information.

I recently got a DSPeaker Anti Mode Dual Core, which does room correction automatically (below 500 Hz) and includes a parametric equalizer, all in the digital domain. It also incorporates a DAC. I'm very pleased with this unit, so I don't think I'll try Inguz, for now.

Regards,

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
    CISCO Router>DLink Bridge>Vortexbox Appliance/Squeezelite>SOtM Card>REGEN>Benchmark DAC2 D>Little Dot Mk 9 Preamp>DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
    Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
    Treadmill:
    FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones