Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Old Squeezebox still work?

I have one of the older squeezeboxes... with the antenna, etc. It's been sitting in a box for a long time -- will this still work with the current version of Squeezebox server? I know it's only wireless G, but it was fine for my needs.

I seem to recall trying to work with it a couple years ago and had nothing but problems, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by forrie View Post
    I have one of the older squeezeboxes... with the antenna, etc. It's been sitting in a box for a long time -- will this still work with the current version of Squeezebox server? I know it's only wireless G, but it was fine for my needs.

I seem to recall trying to work with it a couple years ago and had nothing but problems, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

Thanks!
    I got a SB-2 (with the antenna) it works fine but it is a bit more sensible to drop out compare to the SB3 and the Touch, I use this antenna in replacement of the short one: http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/d...el=TL-ANT2408C

I'm running with Vortexbox 1.10 and the latest SB server software.
    Tŕte Ó FLAC

2 X SB Classic
    2 X SB2
    1 X SB Boom
    1 X SB Touch
    1 X Transporter
    2 X Duet + Remote
    3 X Rpi+Picoreplayer
    2 X Chromecast
    1 X Chromecast Audio
    1 X Atoll ST100

All devives connected via CeolBOX server aka The Musical Box
    Using OrangeSqueeze and Material Skin Plug-in to remote all my connected devices.

SqueezeBox only ever made b & g players, including the most recent players Touch & Radio. N is not needed for music streaming.

You have an sb2 or sb1

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...are_comparison

Sb2 can utilize all plugins and most services aviable trough mysqueezebox.com and via third party plug on the local server, you can have spotify on that old clunker thats future proofing.

Sb1 is more limitet b only wifi not many native formats so I would not use wifi for lossles files on that one etheenet would be more reliable, the buffer is also smaller, so sync with multiple players would be suffering.
    Sb1 is not supported by mysqueezebox.com, so it's limited to work with the local server.
    But it is still suported by the server after all these years, which is remarkable.
    For local files it's still viable.

However after slimp3 and sb1 Sean and Dean got the idea that good soundquality should be a priority too, so sb2 and never offered beter soundquality and flac playback etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Some results

I seem to be able to see the Squeezebox player in the GUI, but the settings says my player isn't detected -- even after a restart.

Quote Originally Posted by forrie View Post
    I seem to be able to see the Squeezebox player in the GUI, but the settings says my player isn't detected -- even after a restart.
    Grabbing the player within the web UI can be glitchy. Try connecting from the player itself via My Music.