For guitar fans

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhakti
    • Apr 2012

I see Mr. Buttery has released a new album this week. His Bandcamp site only allows to preview two tunes so far but they sound incredibly good as a hors d'oeuvre. It seems like another release worth checking out by this dude. http://guybuttery.bandcamp.com/

Comment

• SlimChances
      • Apr 2005

Ana Vidovic - Yesterday
      Logitech Media Server Version: 9.0.0 - 1711180501 @ Sun 24 Mar 2024 02:44:46 AM CET
      Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
      Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
      Platform Architecture: aarch64-linux
      Database Version: SQLite​

Comment

• bhakti
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by SlimChances
        I remember reading about Ana in a guitar magazine years ago. What a lovely player.

I received my copy of Guy Buttery's new live album in the mail and am loving it. Beautiful quality recording (and that's not just for a live CD), fantastic renditions of older tunes along with some new ones and the artwork is stunning. I am now on his mailing list and see the album is also now on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/li...lu/id663095271

Seriously guys. You should take a listen to this!

Comment

• Dogberry2
          • Jul 2008

Another great fingerstyle acoustic player is Bill Dutcher. His album "Solo Guitar" is excellent, and "Finding Time" is simply fantastic.

Comment

• bhakti
            • Apr 2012

I just received a mail about this which I've copied below and thought I'd pass it on. Judging by the guest artists and the Soundcloud link, this LP promises to be a goody. Guy's last vinyl release was definitely one of my albums of the year back in 2012 and still one of the best sounding albums I have in my collection. I'll be ordering this one later this evening!

Pre-order the hand numbered vinyl of 2 time SAMA award winning guitar player, Guy Buttery. This limited edition LP features Vusi Mahlasela, Dan Patlansky, Will Ackerman (founder of Windham Hill Records and multiple Grammy award winner), Derek Gripper, Piers Faccini, Shane Cooper, Qadasi and Nibs van der Spuy. The album delivers a unique angle on South African musical landscapes fusing numerous traditional genres alongside ambient and groove driven psychedelia.

Buy it here - www.igg.me/at/guybuttery
            Preview a sample here - https://soundcloud.com/guybuttery/we...aus-rough-mix/

Comment

• bhakti
              • Apr 2012

Thought I'd update you guys from this old thread about Guy Buttery's new release. You can stream 4 tracks of it so far and DAMN it sounds unreal. Nice vinyl release too!

Comment

• SlimChances
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by bhakti
                Thought I'd update you guys from this old thread about Guy Buttery's new release. You can stream 4 tracks of it so far and DAMN it sounds unreal. Nice vinyl release too!

https://guybuttery.bandcamp.com
                I have an album of his with Nibs van der Spuy (In the Shade of the Wild Fig ) which I really like. After hearing a few tracks by Buttery I decided to get the complete discography. I am also now interested in Dan Patlansky who is on Buttery's new album but there is little of his work on BandCamp. Thanks for the recommendation; I am out of pocket a few dollars but much richer for it anyway (;0))
                Logitech Media Server Version: 9.0.0 - 1711180501 @ Sun 24 Mar 2024 02:44:46 AM CET

Comment

• bhakti
                  • Apr 2012

New album

I remember there was an old thread here which I managed to find but I see Guy Buttery has another duo album coming out. Way more Indian infused but some pretty different work to his previous releases (which I all have) and it sounds real interesting. Once again, there's a cool vinyl release and a deluxe edition which is what I'm always after. Will be ordering for sure. https://guybuttery.bandcamp.com/album/n-deluxe-edition

Comment

• SlimChances
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by bhakti
                    I remember there was an old thread here which I managed to find but I see Guy Buttery has another duo album coming out. Way more Indian infused but some pretty different work to his previous releases (which I all have) and it sounds real interesting. Once again, there's a cool vinyl release and a deluxe edition which is what I'm always after. Will be ordering for sure. https://guybuttery.bandcamp.com/album/n-deluxe-edition
                    I have heard 3 tracks from it and it sounds wonderful. I have it on preorder

Comment

• chill
                      • Mar 2007

One of my 'go to' albums when I want some accomplished laid back guitar playing is an album call 'Shut Up and Play' by Steve Reynolds. I saw him play at a bar in Williams, Arizona while on holiday there a few years back. I bought the album after the gig, as a souvenir, and have come to love the songs and his playing style.

I wanted to buy more from him, but he's extremely hard to find traces of online - I guarantee that the first and most common Steve Reynolds you'll find online is not this one. One of the bands he played with was 'Steve Reynolds and the Nightcrawlers', and I've been on the lookout for their album 'Too Much Coffee' for a while. So when I gave up and contacted the studio where 'Shut Up and Play' was recorded I was put in touch with his brother, to be told that sadly Steve died in 2013. I bought the album that his brother completed posthumously, called 'Fifty Guitars'.

If you like solo acoustic guitar playing and you can find a copy of 'Shut Up and Play' (this one) I highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...