Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For guitar fans

Thought I'd update you guys from this old thread about Guy Buttery's new release. You can stream 4 tracks of it so far and DAMN it sounds unreal. Nice vinyl release too!

https://guybuttery.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by bhakti View Post
    Thought I'd update you guys from this old thread about Guy Buttery's new release. You can stream 4 tracks of it so far and DAMN it sounds unreal. Nice vinyl release too!

https://guybuttery.bandcamp.com
    I have an album of his with Nibs van der Spuy (In the Shade of the Wild Fig ) which I really like. After hearing a few tracks by Buttery I decided to get the complete discography. I am also now interested in Dan Patlansky who is on Buttery's new album but there is little of his work on BandCamp. Thanks for the recommendation; I am out of pocket a few dollars but much richer for it anyway (;0))
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

New album

I remember there was an old thread here which I managed to find but I see Guy Buttery has another duo album coming out. Way more Indian infused but some pretty different work to his previous releases (which I all have) and it sounds real interesting. Once again, there's a cool vinyl release and a deluxe edition which is what I'm always after. Will be ordering for sure. https://guybuttery.bandcamp.com/album/n-deluxe-edition

Quote Originally Posted by bhakti View Post
    I remember there was an old thread here which I managed to find but I see Guy Buttery has another duo album coming out. Way more Indian infused but some pretty different work to his previous releases (which I all have) and it sounds real interesting. Once again, there's a cool vinyl release and a deluxe edition which is what I'm always after. Will be ordering for sure. https://guybuttery.bandcamp.com/album/n-deluxe-edition
    I have heard 3 tracks from it and it sounds wonderful. I have it on preorder
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

One of my 'go to' albums when I want some accomplished laid back guitar playing is an album call 'Shut Up and Play' by Steve Reynolds. I saw him play at a bar in Williams, Arizona while on holiday there a few years back. I bought the album after the gig, as a souvenir, and have come to love the songs and his playing style.

I wanted to buy more from him, but he's extremely hard to find traces of online - I guarantee that the first and most common Steve Reynolds you'll find online is not this one. One of the bands he played with was 'Steve Reynolds and the Nightcrawlers', and I've been on the lookout for their album 'Too Much Coffee' for a while. So when I gave up and contacted the studio where 'Shut Up and Play' was recorded I was put in touch with his brother, to be told that sadly Steve died in 2013. I bought the album that his brother completed posthumously, called 'Fifty Guitars'.

If you like solo acoustic guitar playing and you can find a copy of 'Shut Up and Play' (this one) I highly recommend it.