Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Radio but no music ?

Hi,

Newbie here with a SQ Duet on a Home WiFi. Installed without problems and has searched and recognised my music collection. Plays internet radio ok. But has no sound output when playing music files ?

The file appears to be playing on the screen on the remote and artwork and album info appears.

Have tried a PC re-boot and no different. Im using iTunes too.

Thanks

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeontheweb View Post
    Hi,

Newbie here with a SQ Duet on a Home WiFi. Installed without problems and has searched and recognised my music collection. Plays internet radio ok. But has no sound output when playing music files ?

The file appears to be playing on the screen on the remote and artwork and album info appears.

Have tried a PC re-boot and no different. Im using iTunes too.

Thanks

Scott
    Seems like maybe something is blocking streaming. What OS are you using (windows?). If windows, right click on the SbS icon in your tray and start control panel. Look at diagnostics tab and see what the ports report (should be OK).
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Thanks for the info,

Checked on diagnostics and all ports say "OK" ?

OS is Windows XP