Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thx. All update settings on the server are disbled. Maybe i switched to mysqueezebox.com. Does this force the update notification?
    Where is the cache folder? On the server-side?

Quote Originally Posted by sd09pt View Post
    Thx. All update settings on the server are disbled. Maybe i switched to mysqueezebox.com. Does this force the update notification?
    Where is the cache folder? On the server-side?
    Yes and Yes mysqueezebox.com is also an server currently 7.7.1 but you can put your mysqueezebox.com login in the local server too and use all radio and apps that way except apps that require some new stuff only avaible in 7.7.1 ( for example chosing mog on the player will switch it to mysb.com as the 7.6.1 server miss this functionality ).

Don't delete the complete cache ( then it will rescan everything ) just take a peak if there is updates.

When conecting back to your server it should "downgrade" to 7.6.1 fw let it do so and use it from the server afterwards.

there are ways to run fw that don't match the server but it is not recomended you can get unexpected problems, but search the forum another angle is to lure the server that the latest fw is ok
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    ...but you can put your mysqueezebox.com login in the local server...
    This is already my config
    Don't delete the complete cache ( then it will rescan everything ) just take a peak if there is updates.
    No updates in <All users Squeezeserver Dir>\cache\updates. Except the 7.6.1 .bin with the corresponding jive.version
    When conecting back to your server it should "downgrade" to 7.6.1 ....
    No, it doesn't. Maybe because there's no SW for the controller in the dir mentioned above???

Upgrade prompt on the player or on LMS?

Switching the player to MySB will only offer the update to the player, not LMS.
    If you downgrade the player to your LMS server version, then don't switch to MySB, your player will never show an update prompt again.
    Last edited by toby10; 2011-12-17 at 05:37.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Upgrade prompt on the player or on LMS?
    On the player.

Player has 7.7.1, server has 7.6.1. I would liek to downgrade the controller to 7.6.1. But how? The SW-Update Menu on the controller only states that the "Version 7.7.1" is actual. No chance for downgrade there...

And (again): There is no /mnt/mmc directory on the player filesystem. So no chance to place a 7.61. .bin there to force a downgrade. Or should i manualy create this dir?
    Last edited by sd09pt; 2011-12-17 at 05:20.

On the player.

Player is on 7.7.1, server is on 7.61.

I would liek to downgrade the controller zu 7.6.1. But how?

SW-Update Menü on the controller only states that the "Version 7.7.1" is actual. No chance for downgrade there...

And (again): There is no /mnt/mmc directory on the player filesystem. So no chance to place a 7.61. .bin there to force a downgrade. Or should i manualy create this dir?
    It should be possible to fetch whatever the server has ?
    You can force reinstall, but ist soo the server has 7.7.1 stored somewhere :-/

But here is another way use the sd card slot on the controller

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...e_with_SD_Card

And here is the fw for 7.6.1

http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.6.1/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Thx for the firmware link.

No chance for downgrade.

Wiki description is wrong (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...update_via_SSH): First there is no /mnt/mmc Directory any more. NTL, i created one. Second i placed a 7.6.1 .bin in this directory. But now the "Update" Menu entry for 7.6.1 does not appear. I did a Controller reboot. Changes appear (no wlan anymore, all settings are lost), but the version still remains on 7.7.1. Great! Doing the "switch-to-the-last-functional-firmware-with-the-volume-up-button" does not work anymore. Now i have a non functional controller without network access but with a wonderful brand new 7.7.1 firmware. Hooray!

WTF is that? I never won't this 7.7.x update. I've disabled *all* automatic update settings, but this new LMS T%$§&§&$! thing sends me to the 7.7 nirwana.

Update: Hard Factory reset brings me to 7.7.1 setup on the controller side. Managed to reconfiguer network access. But i'm still on 7.7.1 (for what reason ever). I'm out of that...

Update2: jive.bin on SD card allowed downgrade to 7.6.1. But the Update Notification to 7.7.1 still resists in the Software Update menu. How can i get rid off? Brute-force deletion of server-side cache folder has no effect...
    Last edited by sd09pt; 2011-12-17 at 07:50.