Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by backball View Post
    * I'm stuck at the "Software update" section. I need to press and hold the "brightness" button which of course I don't have on a Boom remote
    Does it need a firmware update? A Classic would have had to have been taken out of service many years ago to not have the latest firmware.

If you like, it should be possible to skip the update. I don't recall all the logic involved, but try going into settings and disable software updates (Settings > Advanced > Software Updates) and remove the firmware file from the cache/updates directory on the server. Then restart the server and player.

That player canĺt been updated for a while , if I remember the later versions allowed auto update , no need to press the brightness button ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

All good now

There's an option to auto-update firmware as described here --> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...rmware_Upgrade

Once I've set this the player automatically pulled down the latest firmware (137) from the server and fired up after at least 10 years in hibernation. Beautiful the see that display come to life with some spectrum.

To recap
    * I stumbled upon an old Squeezebox Classic V3 and was wondering whether I can still use it'
    * It started but wanted to connect to the old network no longer available
    * Couldn't hard reset the player as I didn't have the remote anymore; Net-UDAP didn't work so I bought a Boom remote
    * The remote allowed me to do a hard reset and connect to the network (I use Ethernet)
    * Firmware upgrade didn't work as the remote doesn't have a brightness button
    * Found on the slimdevices wiki (see URL above) that you can set the player to firmware auto-update which I've done
    * Restarted player and it pulled the latest firmware from the LMS server
    * Happy camper

Still impressed by how well this Squeezebox/LMS eco system started by Slim Devices hangs so well together to this day.

Thanks again for all the help.

No Remote

Hi I need some help. I have been working through this thread but I am not sure I have found the solution.

My situation is that I have a SB3 and a transporter. Both of the remotes I have no longer work. That has not been a problem because I have been using ipeng and a few other apps to control them. The issue is now accelerating because I have a new internet provider and modem/router. The new equipment comes with a set name and password so if I want to connect my SB3 and Transporter to the new network I need to set it up (password, network name etc.) and to do that I need a working remote. I have a temporary solution and that is to connect my old router to the new equipment. To make it all work I had to connect the PC running the Logitech Media Server to the old router and now I have music again. However, I also have a network now that is only running for the SB3 etc. Long term I would like to find a way to run my SB3 etc. on the new system and connect the PC to it as well. I am open to most options including:

-buying a new remote, can someone recommend a good source
    -an alternative way of setting up the SB3 etc. without a remote

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I'd just change the network name & encryption & passcode on new router to what was on old router I've been through three routers in last 15 years or so and none of my devices have needed to be changed or even know they are connected to a different router. Much easier to change one device (router) than to change a dozen individual network devices.

Why can't you change such setup on the new router? I'm sure it's possible.

If not then another option is using NET/UDAP utility (lot of info of this on these forums).

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    I'd just change the network name & encryption & passcode on new router to what was on old router I've been through three routers in last 15 years or so and none of my devices have needed to be changed or even know they are connected to a different router. Much easier to change one device (router) than to change a dozen individual network devices.

Why can't you change such setup on the new router? I'm sure it's possible.

If not then another option is using NET/UDAP utility (lot of info of this on these forums).
    In answer to your question. The new router will revert to the original SSID and Password if there is a power outage of more than 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphO1 View Post
    The new router will revert to the original SSID and Password if there is a power outage of more than 5 seconds.
    I've never heard of that. Is it a "feature"? Seems like a security weakness.

Anyway, I recently purchased a Radio remote for $13 on eBay and it works fine. Also works with Touch. Not sure about SB3/Transporter, but I don't think there's any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphO1 View Post
    In answer to your question. The new router will revert to the original SSID and Password if there is a power outage of more than 5 seconds.
    I find that highly unlikely. This should only happen if you perform a Factory Reset. If true, I'd find another router.
    In fact, a common suggested maintenance routine for all routers is a periodic reboot (remove power) to maintain connectivity and stability and even security.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    I've never heard of that. Is it a "feature"? Seems like a security weakness.
    Exactly.