Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

how do you delete albums from Napster library?

I'm sure this was easy at one time, but now I don't see how to do it following the changes to the Napster interface that occurred in late 2010 and early 2011. I have a number of albums in my Napster library that I want to remove from the library, because either (a) I liked them enough to buy the CD, or (b) I don't like them enough to keep on my Napster "shortlist". But I don't see a way to delete them: not in the SBS web ui, or the SB Controller, or the Napster site itself.

Any clues?

how do you delete albums from Napster library?

> Napster "shortlist". But I don't see a way to delete them: not in the
    > SBS web ui, or the SB Controller, or the Napster site itself.

From what I can tell it's not available through their API yet. It took
    them a while to implement the "Add to library" call...

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    From what I can tell it's not available through their API yet. It took them a while to implement the "Add to library" call...
    Thanks. I was thinking that may be the answer, and really hoping it wasn't....

Yep, you have to do it through the Napster web interface. Sucks.

Also, I don't know if you have this issue in the US, but when I'm browsing albums in Napster (via SBS web and iPeng), about 30-40% do not show up album covers until they are placed in the queue to play.
    Modwright Transporter/SBT/SBR/Boom

http://www.last.fm/user/browellm

Quote Originally Posted by browellm View Post
    Yep, you have to do it through the Napster web interface. Sucks.

Also, I don't know if you have this issue in the US, but when I'm browsing albums in Napster (via SBS web and iPeng), about 30-40% do not show up album covers until they are placed in the queue to play.
    I can't even delete them from the Napster web interface. My only options are Play/Queue, save to Playlist or My Collection, or Buy. How do you delete yours?

Otoh, I seem to be getting all my album covers. More of these differences in API across countries I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by aubuti View Post
    I can't even delete them from the Napster web interface. My only options are Play/Queue, save to Playlist or My Collection, or Buy. How do you delete yours?
    It's not obvious and took me a while to figure out. In the left hand pane, browse your library by Artist, then album or all tracks - whichever is appropriate for you. Then in the main viewing pane select the tracks you want delete (with select all being at the top). Finally at the very bottom of the screen, there is a button to delete tracks.

It updates in SBS within a few hours.

Thanks, but it sounds like the UK and US interfaces are different (I know several regional differences became apparent a few months ago as well). I can delete playlists, which for a period was the only way to save an album in the Napster library. But that delete button is on the top of the screen, after selecting the "My Playlists" tab from among My Collection, My Playlists, My Activity, My Account.

When I browse My Collection, say by albums, I don't see any way to select tracks, and there is no delete button on the bottom. Just three buttons on the top for Play/Queue, Save All, and Buy. I'd post a screenshot, but it's on the long side and requires scrolling even for a single album.

Thanks for the help though.

You don't have this then?

No, not at all. I think my Napster looked like that a year or two ago. Maybe. This is the album view I get now for "My Collection".

I did find a "Remove" option when browsing by artists. I presume it will delete _all_ albums/tracks for a particular artist, but I haven't tested it yet to confirm that.

Ah yes, I remember that interface being in beta in the UK a while back. I wonder why we never transitioned over. I prefer the old style anyway, so I'm not complaining.