Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • umapati
    • Jul 2011

How to switch over between SQ server & mySq.com

I am a newbie & just installed 7.6.1 on my macbook pro & desktop with win7..My problem is- if I am playing music from any of my PC - laptop or desktop, if I disconnect SQ server & wish to jump to my squeezebox.com , I cant find a way.I have to switch of SQ touch & start again then only it automatically goes to mysqueezebox.com..Is there any way to point it directly to mysqueezbox.com..or switch over between server & mysqueezebox like libraries..?
  • aubuti
    • Oct 2005

Which interface do you want to use to switch between SBS and mysb? On the SBS web ui, on the left pane you can simply choose Extras > Music Source > mysqueezebox.com.

On the Touch itself it is buried in the menus. You can go Settings > Advanced > Networking > "Switch to mysqueezebox.com". If you do that a lot, you can save some steps by using Settings > Home Menu to put "Switch to mysqueezebox.com" on your home menu.
    Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
    Bedroom: SB Radio
    Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
    LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• umapati
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by aubuti
      Which interface do you want to use to switch between SBS and mysb? On the SBS web ui, on the left pane you can simply choose Extras > Music Source > mysqueezebox.com.

On the Touch itself it is buried in the menus. You can go Settings > Advanced > Networking > "Switch to mysqueezebox.com". If you do that a lot, you can save some steps by using Settings > Home Menu to put "Switch to mysqueezebox.com" on your home menu.
      Thanx a lot aubuti..I wish to use it on Touch itself..How can I move this item to Home menu ?

Comment

• toby10
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by umapati
        Thanx a lot aubuti..I wish to use it on Touch itself..How can I move this item to Home menu ?
        .... If you do that a lot, you can save some steps by using Settings > Home Menu to put "Switch to mysqueezebox.com" on your home menu.
        From your Touch's screen follow aubuti's instructions.

Comment

• aubuti
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by toby10
          From your Touch's screen follow aubuti's instructions.
          Actually, I forgot that this had changed with 7.6.x. Here's how you should do it using the Touch's touchscreen:

1) navigate to the command (Settings > Advanced > Networking).
          2) Then touch "Switch to mysqueezebox.com" and hold it for about 3 seconds.
          3) That should pop up a context menu, on which one of the choices is "Add to home menu". Select that.
          Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
          Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
          Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
          Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
          Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
          Bedroom: SB Radio
          Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
          LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• umapati
            • Jul 2011

Actually, I forgot that this had changed with 7.6.x. Here's how you should do it using the Touch's touchscreen:

3) That should pop up a context menu, on which one of the choices is "Add to home menu". Select that.
            Hey..Thanx a lot..I got it on the home menu..Now its very easy to switch over..Thanx aubuti for all your help.

Comment

• chris49
              • Jul 2018

This worked for me on my SB Radio, too. Thank you!

Comment

Working...