Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ad6922 View Post
    The settings in the screen are:
    Total songs 3,885
    Mixable songs 3,320
    Songs to validate 3,863

23 songs have been validated until I read MR-Hyde Remark and I stopped.
    Perform now a rescan of my music (which is far more then the music that's seen by MIP)
    Installed the plugin for MIP.

Get some sleep, and see waht it brings when i wake up.

Keep you posted, thx so far.
    ok,
    as i mentioned before, I have sometimes problems with the archive function in MIP. You should make sure, that MIP on the PC is showing a PUID for the files in the interface. I have only 2 or 3 files in my collection where MIP is not able to create/get an PUID.

The strange thing is that it sometimes can not create a PUID when it scans files that are on the NAS. I had to copy files back to the local drive, created the PUIDs and archived them. Afterwards i copied the files back to the NAS and everything was fine. So far I was not able to identify the root cause. The owner and the file properties were the same compared to other files were I had no issues.
    2 x Squeezebox 3 - 1 x Squeezebox Touch - Squeezecenter 7.9.1 / MusicIP in Container station - QNAP TS453A - 4 x 3 TB Hitachi (RAID5)

Scan is performed. It shows that MusicIP is used in the scan on the information tab of the SBS.
    So that's good. The numbers that are scanned do have now an option when selecting with the controller to create an MusicIP Mix. But when doing that, it doesn't work.

After checking the mp3-tags the fingerprints are empty.
    So, it could be that I have the problem as described by Mr Hyde. So now I first will copy the music form the NAS to the local computer and see if the analysis will then deliver the fingerprints in the mp3.

Keep you posted.

Next steps:

Copied music to IMac. Start analysis, but afte checking still no fingerprints.

Following option:
    Installing MusicIP on Windows machine. Start analysis directly from the windows machine on the QNAP server. And now fingerprints are created. So it seems that Mac (running on Snow Leopard) has some issues with MusicIP Analysis.
    Last edited by ad6922; 2011-08-24 at 00:40.

Started the analysis on the NAS, so that will take quite a while.

In the meantime, I have filled the cache of the musicmagic server now with songs without a fingerprint.

Can I simply use the add songs button in headless MIP and refer to the smae directory but now with fingerprints on the music and will musicIP then update it's database. Or will that not work as it already has the data in its database.

If not possible, how do I throw away the current cache of MusicIP?

For anyone with the same problem to empty the cache, an easy way is to uninstall MusicIP via SSOTS and install it again.

MIP is back in seconds with an empty cache.