Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Updating to 7.6 problem

I was trying to update to 7.6 and now squeeze center can find my music files. I have a transporter accessing my files located on a readynas duo. I did the proper procedure as I have done this before on other updates.

The only thing that was odd...after running clean squeeze center I got a message stating unsuccesful dropping squeezecenter database. I tried two different downloads of clean squeeze center.

Any ideas?

Barry

I'm surprised you bothered updating considering this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=89144
    There's this page in the Wiki http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Troubleshooting76

Chris
    Last edited by Stratmangler; 2011-08-17 at 07:33.
    Chris :)

Did you try the 7.6.1 RC version or the sligthly faulty 7.6.0?

FYI with 7.6.0/7.6.1 SBS now use SQLite again, so it is no longer required to run mysql.

As I have no knowledge about readynas I better leave the advice part to others ;-)
    Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B
    Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD+ 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9.0 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

Quote Originally Posted by scp2 View Post
    The only thing that was odd...after running clean squeeze center I got a message stating unsuccesful dropping squeezecenter database. I tried two different downloads of clean squeeze center.
    Is this anything to worry about?

I think I am going back to 7.5.5...not sure if I will get this same error when running clean squeezecenter.