Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Duet Controller won't go to "Software Update" page

Hello,

This week I purchased two used Duets (one for me, one for the in-laws). In setting things up at home to verify functionality, I ran into a problem.

Controller A works fine and updated to v7.6. After powering Controller A down, I tried setting up Controller B, starting with a factory reset. No matter what I do, I can't get Controller B to do a software update. When I center-click on the "Software Update" section in Settings->Advanced the screen jogs slightly to the right, then just settles back to where it was - displaying the Advanced section with "Software Update" selected. Same thing happens when I go through Diagnostics->Software Update.

I even tried putting the update on an SD card, but that didn't help since I'm still unable to actually get to the Software Update section.

Server: ReadyNAS NV+ running 7.6.0-r32854
    Receiver Firmware: 77
    Controller A: 7.6 (updated no problem from 7.3)
    Controller B: 7.5.0 r8673

I should note that Controller B does connect to my server and plays music. But since Controller A updated to 7.6, and Controller B seems stuck, I'm inclined to think it's defective. Does anyone have any advice for what else to try?

Thank you...

When you say controller B connects and plays music do you mean that it plays through the headphone jack? If so, try disabling the beta feature for the controller to be a player and then see if you can do a update.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

No, I mean that it connects to the receiver and server and will play through the receiver / stereo.

I'm not aware of any beta features on this - since I started with a factory reset my assumption is they're all be disabled, if there at all.

When attempting to get B to update were you still using player A that is updated to firmware 77 or did you switch to using player B so that it would also get its firmware updated? Have you tried switching controller B and player B to MySqueezebox.com? This should also get you the 7.6 controller update along with firmware 77 for the player.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)