Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

7.6 - How do i start WITHOUT control panel appearing???

Just did a fresh install of windows 7-64 bit and SBS 7.6 (without any problems)...

Server is set not to start automatically - starts via batch script i run when starting PC.

Question: when SBS starts the control panel pops up an i have to press 'OK' on it to make it disappear... Is there a way i can start SBS without the controlpanel appearing???

Are you sure your batch file runs the correct program?

7.6 - How do i start WITHOUTcontrol panel appearing???

> Server is set not to start automatically - starts via batch script i
    > run when starting PC.
    >
    > Question: when SBS starts the control panel pops up an i have to press
    > 'OK' on it to make it disappear... Is there a way i can start SBS
    > without the controlpanel appearing???

Make sure your batch script does start the server, and not the control
    panel. Why don't you configure the server to run as a service instead of
    by using a batch script?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    >Make sure your batch script does start the server, and not the control panel. Why don't you configure the server to run as a service instead of by using a batch script?

--

Michael
    How do i start the server without going through squeezetray????

Server is not set to run as service, because the drives containing the music needs to be mounted first...

You run squeezesvr.exe

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    You run squeezesvr.exe
    That seems to work - thx! - but i get some errors:

[11-08-11 14:54:18.8027] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (289) Warning: Module [Slim::Plugin::Orange::Plugin] failed to load:
    Can't locate URI/Split.pm in @INC (@INC contains: R:\Squeezeserver\Cache\InstalledPlugins C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\CPAN\arch\5.10\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\CPAN\arch\5.10\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\auto C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\CPAN\arch\5.10.0\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\CPAN\arch\5.10.0\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\auto C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\CPAN\arch\5.10\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\CPAN\arch\5.10\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\auto C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\CPAN\arch\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\lib C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\CPAN C:/Program Files (x86)/Squeezebox/server C:/Program Files (x86)/Squeezebox/server C:\Users\tvserver\AppData\Local\Temp\pdk-tvserver-2004\ C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server) at C:/Program Files (x86)/Squeezebox/server/Slim/Plugin/Orange/Plugin.pm line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Program Files (x86)/Squeezebox/server/Slim/Plugin/Orange/Plugin.pm line 8.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 1425) line 2.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 1425) line 2.

[11-08-11 14:54:18.8033] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (288) Error: Couldn't load Slim::Plugin::Orange::Plugin

Server runs fine, though - i can play my music on my radio/duet, and access the web interface... But the CMD box stays up - that's even worse than before; then i could just remove the control panel, now if i remove the cmd windows the server stops...

*EDIT*
    Ok - removed a lot of useless plugins via web interface, so now i don't get the error anymore - but the cmd box stays (without cursor appearing) an when i close it i loose the server...
    Last edited by Hildebrandt; 2011-08-11 at 06:13.

7.6 - How do i start WITHOUTcontrol panel appearing???

> [11-08-11 14:54:18.8027] SLIM::BOOTSTRAP::TRYMODULELOAD (289) WARNING:
    > MODULE [SLIM::PLUGIN::ORANGE::PLUGIN] FAILED TO LOAD:
    > CAN'T LOCATE URI/SPLIT.PM IN @INC (@INC CONTAINS:

If you're interested in using the Orange plugin you'd have to re-download
    the installer. There was a broken build which got published in the very
    first hours.

If you're not interested in Orange, then just ignore it.

--

Michael

Interesting thing - orange plugin wasn't activated, but the errors disappeared when i deactivated a lot of crap plugins.... (itunes etc)