Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: MonkeySqueeze

Dear Gingernut61

Just have revived my Transporter with MonkeySqueeze - works like a charm Thanks for this great little tool!

Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Gingernut63 View Post
    MonkeySqueeze V3.3 has been released!

Cheers
    Gingernut63
    Hi there,

MM and LMS are running on the same Windows 10 box with a local library, and the software players are on RPIs.

The MS MM plugin integration with LMS seems working in all aspects except one; initiation of the actual playing. I can add/delete 'Playing Now' items on the MM side and have that reflected on the LMS side (but not vice versa), I can change volume in MM and have that reflected in LMS, but the play/stop/next/previous commands seem a no-op. Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks

Is this still working?

Quote Originally Posted by MarSOnEarth View Post
    Hi there,

MM and LMS are running on the same Windows 10 box with a local library, and the software players are on RPIs.

The MS MM plugin integration with LMS seems working in all aspects except one; initiation of the actual playing. I can add/delete 'Playing Now' items on the MM side and have that reflected on the LMS side (but not vice versa), I can change volume in MM and have that reflected in LMS, but the play/stop/next/previous commands seem a no-op. Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks
    Being a long time Squezbox user and also running Mediamonkey on my PC both for tagging but also sometimes for listening via the PC speakers (Teufel 7.1 system) I have just stumbled accross the MonkeySqueeze plugin and wondered, whether it is still supported or if you guys are using it to create playlists?
    I got it installed and managed to get it running. It picks up my music library on the NAS via a drive letter and I can even see that the volume control is moving in the Squeezebox web interface BUT the Squeezebox does not seem to pick up the song that is played.

I assume that is related to the way the paths have to be entered since this seems to be the biggest challange. I have tried all sorts of things with and without IP address, with the drive letter, with forward and backward slashes but none seem to change the behaviour.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Merc
    ------------------------
    3 * Boom, 1 * Radio, 1 * Touch, 1 SB Classic, 2 SB Duet, 1pi with picoreplayer, server and music on Synology DS718+
    library ~50.000 titles

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
    Being a long time Squezbox user and also running Mediamonkey on my PC both for tagging but also sometimes for listening via the PC speakers (Teufel 7.1 system) I have just stumbled accross the MonkeySqueeze plugin and wondered, whether it is still supported or if you guys are using it to create playlists?
    Merc
    So far, it seems that it is not supported, and we both have found out that it does not seem to work at this time either. With debug logs enabled, I do not see any (re)action on LMS side to Play/Stop/Next/Prev commands (or what would be expected to be commands send) from the plugin. It would be nice to have it working, but the enhancement the plugin would bring to how I use MM (my main library maintenance tool) would really be marginal. With LMS + Material Skin on my phone and RPIs with HiFiBerry DACs|Amps all around the house I have total player mobility, and MM will stay to do all the library heavy lifting. It's all good.
    Last edited by MarSOnEarth; 2020-10-17 at 00:55. Reason: wording changed

Quote Originally Posted by MarSOnEarth View Post
    So far, it seems that it is not supported, and we both have found out that it does not seem to work at this time either. With debug logs enabled, I do not see any (re)action on LMS side to Play/Stop/Next/Prev commands (or what would be expected to be commands send) from the plugin. It would be nice to have it working, but the enhancement the plugin would bring to how I use MM (my main library maintenance tool) would really be marginal. With LMS + Material Skin on my phone and RPIs with HiFiBerry DACs|Amps all around the house I have total player mobility, and MM will stay to do all the library heavy lifting. It's all good.
    It's been ages since I looked at this, and back then everything still ran on 1 machine. I'll try and see if I can get it working on my end
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...