Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Does Spotify work on Boom?

I am trying out a Premium Spotify service. I cannot , for some reason get it to play on my Boom. I haven't tried any other devices. Does it play on a Boom? Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

For the Boom, SB2, SB3/Classic, Duet Receiver, and Transporter you need to use Triode's unofficial Spotify plugin. It's because of the particular encoding that Spotify uses for its streams.

EDIT: The official Logitech plugin (or is it an app?) for Spotify works on the Touch and Radio because they have enough firmware memory available to accommodate the decoder. Try it on your Radio.
    Last edited by aubuti; 2011-07-14 at 14:19.

Thank you Aubuti. I'll do that. Also, does Spotify have a webpage that's functional. Every time I go to Spotify.com I get only information about what Spotify is etc. Thanks.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikabob View Post
    Thank you Aubuti. I'll do that. Also, does Spotify have a webpage that's functional. Every time I go to Spotify.com I get only information about what Spotify is etc. Thanks.
    Yes, that is annoying. Try this. Note that unlike Rhapsody, Spotify does not have a web-based player. To use it on a computer -- for example, to browse the available tracks -- you have to download their player.

http://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/overview/

You need to download and install Spotify on your PC:
    https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Thumbs up

Ok. Thank you both. I downloaded their player and I think I'm in business. I am playing a beautiful symphony by Bruch and the 320Kps stream sounds very good. I also noticed that the selections for Bruch were very numerous! I think,at first impression, I am going to like this service. Thanks again for your help....these forums and the members on the forums are so great! VERY helpful. Oh yes, Triodes plugin really helps!
    Ikabob

Ipeng remote controller.