Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spotify (U.S.) Problems

I just registered for Spotify Premium, and installed the official app. Problem is, many tracks I select generate the message "this track is not available in your region." The same tracks play just fine on my computer.

Is there a fix for this or should I just go back to Rhapsody?

pski
    Quote Originally Posted by kristina View Post
    I just registered for Spotify Premium, and installed the official app. Problem is, many tracks I select generate the message "this track is not available in your region." The same tracks play just fine on my computer.

A question for Spotify, I would say

Yeah...just signed up today and already I wish I could get my money back...I got Premium so I could have continuous music through my SB Touch to my whole house audio and I've realized that EVERY TIME it says "...not available in your region" (which is very often) the music stops and I have to restart it manually...Spotify is worthless for me at this point...

I'm not having a good Spotify experience either. I tried using it on my Touch and I get some sort of network error. It doesn't work at all on my iPod Touch. The only place it works is on my laptop. Unless things change in the next month, I won't be renewing. I'm having good luck with Napster so far - I may just stick with that.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Yeah...just signed up today and already I wish I could get my money back...I got Premium so I could have continuous music through my SB Touch to my whole house audio and I've realized that EVERY TIME it says "...not available in your region" (which is very often) the music stops and I have to restart it manually...Spotify is worthless for me at this point...
    I installed Triode's plugin, and it works much better than the official app. Try that on instead.

The unavailable in your region bug is an issue with the official plugin that affects all regions.

I installed Triode's plugin, and it works much better than the official app. Try that on instead.
    Indeed Triode's does this correctly. If you can go with Triode's, it has much more features and is way more stable. It also cashes your music so you are less dependent on perfect internet connections. The only drawback is you cant stream different songs at once to different players.

I am also having some issues with Spotify . I like the fidelity though. I plan on stickin around because I believe the issues will be addressed....I hope.
    Ikabob

Squeezebox Touch w/LMS V7.9; Benchmark DAC1 USB;Marantz Pre-amp; SAE Amplifier;ESS Heil Speakers(main listening speakers plus various additional speakers).
    Multiple players: SqueezeBooms,SqueezeRadios; SB3;
    Services:Rhapsody;Slacker;RadioTunes;Spotify (+Triode's Plugin);CalmRadio,Napster,
    Ipeng remote controller.

i cant search much,keep getting 502 bad gateway on Spotify

I concur with kristina, Triode's plug-in works MUCH better than the official plug-in.

Quote Originally Posted by maggior View Post
    I'm not having a good Spotify experience either. I tried using it on my Touch and I get some sort of network error. It doesn't work at all on my iPod Touch. The only place it works is on my laptop. Unless things change in the next month, I won't be renewing. I'm having good luck with Napster so far - I may just stick with that.
    I've been using it on my ipod touch without a problem. I had a problem with it not advancing to the next song, but there was an update a couple days ago to fix that.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.