Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All OK Then No Audio! Ideas?

I've had my Duet a few months now, setup was smooth, connection smooth, interface with Vortexbox good.
    About a month ago out of the blue, no audio! Controller acts and looks the same. Volume at 100%. Tried several sources, Pandora, Internet Radio, My Music. All looks fine on controller but no audio. The receiver still works fine for CDs, and Radio but not detecting any audio from the Duet.
    This morning I dragged another Reciever out and plugged into the Duet with the analog (RCAs) no luck. I even tried the Optical Toslink port. It glowed red as it should but no sound. Wierd huh?
    I'm not sure what to try next.
    Has anyone heard of this issue?

When you start playing a selection does the light on the receiver go from dim to bright white (it should)? Does the web UI show progress of the tune being played on the receiver?
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

I keep a dual Phono/RCA outlet to mini-stereo socket adapter in my drawer, so when I have audio problems, I can use a pair of sensitive headphones to test there is a signal coming out of the box (the receiver in this case).

Rebbot it , pull the plug and try again
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

I have wasted lots of time trying to check settings etc when this happens to me .. I always now reset the player..if that does not work, the wireless router gets restarted...

I think it runs out of memory...but the SB can seem like a black art of some kind...

When it works, it works !!

It's me again.
    Well I checked the light on the fromt of the SB reciever and it does go from dim white to brighter white when playing a track or internet radio but still no sound from the amp/reciever.
    I tried some ear buds into the jack on the remote and no sound there either but I've not tried it when it was working so maybe its not turned on.
    I'll try to track down an adapter from RCA to mini phono and try direct to SB receiver.
    I've rebooted SB and Router several times and had no luck. I don't think its a router issue since it gets all the information for the music it's playing. (art, time, track name, etc.)just no audio output.
    It maybe time to call Logitech and see what they tell me since it's only a few months old.
    Thanks for all your suggestions

Is your Duet connected to MYSB.com or is it SBS on your own server? If SBS, what is your server OS (OSX, Win7, Linux, etc) and SBS version? Have you enabled the beta player on the remote (this is required to enable playback through the headphone jack on the controller)? Have you tried a full reset on your Duet receiver (hold button until fast red blink and then re-setup the receiver)? I actually had this exact thing happen to me 2 to 3 months ago and I can't remember for sure on the fix since this was the same "dark" time frame I was having a bunch of grief with 7.5.3, Win7 SP1 with Avast and the firewall, etc.

EDIT -> Sorry I missed vortexbox in the original post. In that case I'd go with the full reset on the receiver.
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2011-06-21 at 10:14.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by agoodsun View Post
    I tried some ear buds into the jack on the remote and no sound there either but I've not tried it when it was working so maybe its not turned on.
    I'll try to track down an adapter from RCA to mini phono and try direct to SB receiver..........
    That won't have audio by default. The Controllers headphone jack must be activated by going to Settings > Advanced > Beta Features (guessing on the exact menu location)

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    That won't have audio by default. The Controllers headphone jack must be activated by going to Settings > Advanced > Beta Features (guessing on the exact menu location)
    ...and then you would need to choose the Controller as a player in order to get any music to come out of it.

OK, I have now tried the Dual RCA to Phono adapter with earbuds test direct from the SB receiver and no sound at all. I think I can confirm that it is an issue with the SB receiver.
    After all the attempts to find a fix(reboot, restore, upgrade, etc.) it's time for me to toss in the towel and call Logitech.
    I'll let everyone know what happens.