Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cortegedusage View Post
    Everytime I tried the plugin I couldn't get it to work properly, streams mostly stopped around 10-20 minutes.

But now I seemed to have found a solution, thought I'd put it here for anyone who might be interested.

Apart from the mixcloud plugin i've also installed the playmp4 plugin from bpa and ffmpeg by hand.
    then in filetypes mpeg4 I disabled AAC and FLAC for MPEG4 playback and then enabled PCM so ffmpeg decodes to pcm,
    from then on I can play mixcloud tracks to the end.

I'm not sure what's going on there, but I think the decoding changes something in the stream, or ffmpeg downloads the whole stream at once, anyhowI will keep playing mixcloud tracks and see if it works on all tracks. But for now I'm one happy camper.

On a sidenote I should mention that it starts kindof slow, and that playing two mixcloud streams after each other doesn't seem to work so well. This is on a PI4 running dietpi...

Cheers!
    Dennis
    Thanks for sharing Dennis - I am massively frustrated by the ~20 minute cutoff from Mixcloud. I'm trying to reproduce your work-around. I'm looking for 'playmp4 plugin' from bpa - but I can't find it anywhere Can you provide a link.

Also, in File Types, I have 'MPEG-4' and 'MPEG-4 leading audio'. I assume I should be configuring MPEG-4. The options for stream formats (AAC, FLAC MP3, PCM) only allow 'Disabled' or 'Native/Faad-*' - I guess 'ffmpeg' will become an option when I have ffmpeg and the appropriate plugin are correctly installed?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by rhenwood View Post
    Also, in File Types, I have 'MPEG-4' and 'MPEG-4 leading audio'. I assume I should be configuring MPEG-4. The options for stream formats (AAC, FLAC MP3, PCM) only allow 'Disabled' or 'Native/Faad-*' - I guess 'ffmpeg' will become an option when I have ffmpeg and the appropriate plugin are correctly installed?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
    Hi rhenwood, the plugin should be installed from an external repository:
    http://bpa-code.github.io/bpaplugins/repo-playmp4.xml

this will give you the plugin.
    ffmpeg should be installed seperately
    On DietPi it can be done typing dietpi-software on the command line and then select ffmpeg to install
    In PiCorePlayer it can be done in the web interface
    on any other debian based linux distro type sudo apt-get install ffmpeg and that should do I suppose.

I should note that although at first it seem to work, occasionaly it also stopped working just like that.

I hope this information is usefull for you and you are able to listen to some good tunes on mixcloud.

Stay Swingin' and Stay Healthy

(at this moment I'm 40 minutes into a mixcloud track so it might just work)

dlmixcloud.com stopped working

As of today, dlmixcloud.com seems not to work for me any longer. Please check that before complaining about the plugin.

Hopefully it's a temporary outage. 'Method 1' listed on dlmixcloud.com still works, but this plugin uses 'Method 2', which doesn't currently work.
    This plugin could be rewritten to use 'Method 1', but that requires parsing HTML instead of JSON, which might be more likely to break in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    Hopefully it's a temporary outage.
    I think it is not. Mixcloud seem to have switched to that "fragment-m4s-whathever" streaming, instead of serving regular mp4 files. Plugin is dead?

jdownloader is able to download as mp4a.
    maybe someone can make a plugin

mixcloud boost download speed for the first seconds an limit it after that to 20kb/s
    Hoster https://github.com/mirror/jdownloade...xCloudCom.java
    Decrypter https://github.com/mirror/jdownloade...xCloudCom.java
    Last edited by olivaar; 2021-03-18 at 11:54.

It looks like the plug-in is working again, using the dlmixcloud service

mixcloud working for me now!

Thanks for your help cortegedusage. I realized yesterday that I didn't install ffmpeg into the docker LMS image that I'm running. Now I've done that, your work-around works perfectly and I can listent to endless mixcloud mixes. I'm very happy!

Trouble getting feeds to play

Hi,
    I've recently been trying to use the Mixcloud plugin to play some NTS radio archive feeds, I have installed the plugin, and the bpa playmp4 plugin.

I can find the streams I want via the plugin but can't get any of them to play, I get the error "unable to play file type for: stream name".

I am trying to play on an SB radio and Touch. I think I need may need to install ffmpeg and do some configuring for transcode but would appreciate a pointer as I'm not sure how/what to do.

I am running LMS on a Win10 machine.

Thanks
    Location 1: LMS 8.2 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.0 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    Hi,
    I've recently been trying to use the Mixcloud plugin to play some NTS radio archive feeds, I have installed the plugin, and the bpa playmp4 plugin.

I can find the streams I want via the plugin but can't get any of them to play, I get the error "unable to play file type for: stream name".

I am trying to play on an SB radio and Touch. I think I need may need to install ffmpeg and do some configuring for transcode but would appreciate a pointer as I'm not sure how/what to do.

I am running LMS on a Win10 machine.

Thanks
    The playMP4 plugiun is out of date and does not work for 8.*.* as LMS has native support for mP4

If you are using 8.* remove PlayMP4 (I thought it wasn't enabled for 8.*)

Be specific about what you are testing ans how you are trying to get it to play.