Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by fullerms View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, I have a similar issue with multiple artists. I have songs by Artist A, some by Artist B and then some by A and B. I have tagged the duets as Artist = A, B using mp3tag. However, the duets do not show up when searching for Artist A or B. I need to search for A, B in order to list those duets. How do I fix this in such a way that a search for Artist A or B will show the duets too?
    Don't you need to use a semicolon instead of a comma?

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    Don't you need to use a semicolon instead of a comma?
    in mp3tag, one uses '\\'to create multivalue tags (ArtistA\\ArtistB). If one uses dbpoweramp, one uses ";" as separator. (these are just the things used in the tagging program. They get converted to whatever is normal for that codec/tag type in a player or library program. For example, even though in mp3tag I tag a FLAC file with multiple artists (ArtistA\\ArtistB), when it shows up in foobar2000, it "appears" as "Artist A, Artist B". And it also works appropriately in LMS as multiartist tag.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    in mp3tag, one uses '\\'to create multivalue tags (ArtistA\\ArtistB). If one uses dbpoweramp, one uses ";" as separator. (these are just the things used in the tagging program. They get converted to whatever is normal for that codec/tag type in a player or library program. For example, even though in mp3tag I tag a FLAC file with multiple artists (ArtistA\\ArtistB), when it shows up in foobar2000, it "appears" as "Artist A, Artist B". And it also works appropriately in LMS as multiartist tag.
    Thanks for the explanation! I have never used mp3tag. I've used dbPoweramp and Tag&Rename (which was well worth the $30 or so !)

Various Artist Bug Still Present?

Morning All - is this still a valid bug in LMS with compilations/various artists albums?
    Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi 3: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
    Head-Fi: Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    Accessories: iPeng (iPhones/iPad Minis); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.