Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Boom networking issue - connect remotely?

I have a curious problem with one of my Booms - it cannot see the server. It can see the internet, MySB etc, and the other SBs can see the server, but this one cannot. It has never been able to wirelessly - previously I had it wired.

If I tell the Boom to connect remotely to my server at my IP (87.x.x.x), it works fine. So if I had a fixed IP, it would be fine! I use dyndns, but AFAIK there is no way to tell the Boom to connect to my server at myserver.dyndns.org

Any ideas? Obviously connecting directly to the server would be preferred, but not essential. Quite baffled by this, and I am far from new to networking!
    PC, JRiver/Qobuz, Digital XO, Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sextet, JBL L300
    LMS: 3xBoom, 1xRadio, SB3

And... fixed

Stupidly, I only did three factory resets, when it obviously needed the fourth!
    PC, JRiver/Qobuz, Digital XO, Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sextet, JBL L300
    LMS: 3xBoom, 1xRadio, SB3

pski
    Quote Originally Posted by adamslim View Post
    I have a curious problem with one of my Booms - it cannot see the server. It can see the internet, MySB etc, and the other SBs can see the server, but this one cannot. It has never been able to wirelessly - previously I had it wired.

If I tell the Boom to connect remotely to my server at my IP (87.x.x.x), it works fine. So if I had a fixed IP, it would be fine! I use dyndns, but AFAIK there is no way to tell the Boom to connect to my server at myserver.dyndns.org

Any ideas? Obviously connecting directly to the server would be preferred, but not essential. Quite baffled by this, and I am far from new to networking!
    Dyndns can be functionally replicated so you will always know your home IP. Google "dynamic IP notifier" These program run on your PC (just like the Dyndns stub) and email you when your IP changes.

If you are linux google at google.com/linux

P