Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cannot get Touch to connect

Been fighting this for several days now I have 2 Touch units which I have in the past run via wifi w no problems. I can get Squeezeplay to work but not the Touch units. If from the Control Panel I click web remote it comes up but there is no option for the Touch units under Choose Player help please !

added info

updated to the 8.0 beta version of server. LMS is allowed thru Norton firewall. no change.

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    updated to the 8.0 beta version of server. LMS is allowed thru Norton firewall. no change.
    What happens when you select My Music from the Touch menu?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I used to see this routinely with duets/receivers connected to wifi, especially with a marginal wifi signal strength at the device. This mostly went away when I connected them to ethernet. My touch's... not sure if I have seen this, but the one touch I have on wifi is close to the router

When this would happen I would reset the player, reconnect to the wifi, then LMS. Have you tried this?

Also try connecting via ethernet, as a test?

In addition to sbf's question, if when trying my music fails, will it go to mysb.com and play?

Jim

...but there is no option for the Touch units under Choose Player help please !
    That's typically the case when the players are connected to a DIFFERENT LMS server (or at least they had been and think they still are). I recall in the past having some trouble in LMS webGUI getting the players "back", but was able to use iPeng on my iphone to do this. This may not be a problem with newer versions of LMS, but that's the first thing I thought about.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

Yes, and more specifically, on the TOUCH screen itself, select "My Music", then scroll down and select "Switch Library". see if you see the name of your LMS library there and if so, select it.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

It tries to connect and fails

Have done factory reset several times also to no avail. Also router and Touch units are in the same location as when everything worked fine
    Last edited by dasmueller; 2020-08-23 at 08:40.

As mentioned earlier, what about switching to mysqueezebox.com. Does that allow you to play music (as a test)?

It tries to connect and fails

Have done factory reset several times also to no avail. Also router and Touch units are in the same location as when everything worked fine
    What does the diagnostics page of the Control Panel say?

What does the diagnostics page of the Control Panel say?

all OK