Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PasTim
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lestrad
    Now Foobar is so messed up I'm having to reinstall it from scratch...
    What happened?

Anyway, mine just seems to work. I don't even have the UPnP Media Interface plugin installed. I just play the track from the UPnP Conbtroller queue in foobar by pressing play (the View, UPnP Controller shows no device when I open it, so I close it without selecting a device or playing in that window). Then select the favourites in LMS and play it.

Are you sure you have the login id, password and IP address correct in the m3u file?

On the LMS web browser screen do you see anything like '9216kbps CBR, WAV Radio'?

Do you have a firewall setting that could be preventing LMS from accessing the foobar PC?

I'm sorry I seem to have diverted you down a path that doesn't work for you.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Comment

• Lestrad
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by PasTim
      What happened?

Anyway, mine just seems to work. I don't even have the UPnP Media Interface plugin installed. I just play the track from the UPnP Conbtroller queue in foobar by pressing play (the View, UPnP Controller shows no device when I open it, so I close it without selecting a device or playing in that window). Then select the favourites in LMS and play it.

Are you sure you have the login id, password and IP address correct in the m3u file?

On the LMS web browser screen do you see anything like '9216kbps CBR, WAV Radio'?

Do you have a firewall setting that could be preventing LMS from accessing the foobar PC?

I'm sorry I seem to have diverted you down a path that doesn't work for you.
      Don't worry, I'm not giving up. I'll try all that when I get time, but my wife is home now and she's got a list of things for me to do that I been shirkin’ because of this stuff ;-)
      __________________________________________________ _____________________
      Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
      Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.

Comment

• PasTim
        • Nov 2010

Don't worry, I'm not giving up. I'll try all that when I get time, but my wife is home now and she's got a list of things for me to do that I been shirkin’ because of this stuff ;-)
        To test foobar, you can just use a browser and ente the same URL as in the m3u file (https://........psc.wav). I also set the normal output device in foobar to be "Null Output" (Library, Configure, Playback, Output) to avoid any confusion.

It should play locally.
        LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
        Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Comment

• PasTim
          • Nov 2010

Just to make sure I'm not wasting too much more of your time, you should know that using this method the Touch is just a music player, no more, no less. You can't use it to control what is played,nor see any metadata (album covers etc).

Comment

• PasTim
            • Nov 2010

Just to make sure I'm not wasting too much more of your time, you should know that using this method the Touch is just a music player, no more, no less. You can't use it to control what is played,nor see any metadata (album covers etc).
            Sorry if I've misled you. I assumed you were using foobar to play the music, not the Touch screen.

Comment

• syrah
              • Mar 2012

Hi Tim, so going back all the way to your original post in 2011, and to clarify, the file type settings that best sorted out the rebuffering issues you had would be to set Flac - Flac as Native?

How about Flac - Pcm? Should it be Flac - Pcm = Flac OR Flac - Pcm = Disabled.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• garym
                • May 2008

Originally posted by syrah
                Hi Tim, so going back all the way to your original post in 2011, and to clarify, the file type settings that best sorted out the rebuffering issues you had would be to set Flac - Flac as Native?

Thanks in advance.
                not Tim, but I can confirm I have zero issues with the following settings for FLAC under Advanced Settings > File Types

AIFF > flac
                FLAC > native
                mp3 > flac/lame
                PCM > flac

These are the default settings I believe.
                Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
                Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• syrah
                  • Mar 2012

thanks gary for the help. much appreciated.

Comment

• PasTim
                    • Nov 2010

Thanks in advance.
                    Gosh, that was a while ago. I moved off Windows for all my systems not too long after that first post, and have never looked back (although I keep it in a dual-boot system - not the music server - to keep my eye in a few times a year). I remember little of it, having a poor memory.

I think you should stick to the default file types, as suggested by garym. I never had much, if any, trouble with them once my (long gone) Windows issues were resolved. The Touch seems to work well with flacs, and the network load is reduced somewhat compared to pcm. I also installed the Enhanced Digital Output app on the Touch, which can now handle 192khz flacs.

I have now moved into a different sound universe of poor hearing, and have to try to manipulate the sound either directly in the custom-convert.conf file, or using the C-3PO plugin, so I'm afraid I can't give any further practical advice.

Comment

• syrah
                      • Mar 2012

Gosh, that was a while ago. I moved off Windows for all my systems not too long after that first post, and have never looked back (although I keep it in a dual-boot system - not the music server - to keep my eye in a few times a year). I remember little of it, having a poor memory.

I think you should stick to the default file types, as suggested by garym. I never had much, if any, trouble with them once my (long gone) Windows issues were resolved. The Touch seems to work well with flacs, and the network load is reduced somewhat compared to pcm. I also installed the Enhanced Digital Output app on the Touch, which can now handle 192khz flacs.

I have now moved into a different sound universe of poor hearing, and have to try to manipulate the sound either directly in the custom-convert.conf file, or using the C-3PO plugin, so I'm afraid I can't give any further practical advice.

Thanks Tim. The ecstasy always lies in the journey, doesn't it? It's the supposed destination that is the agony.

Comment

• PasTim
                        • Nov 2010

Thanks Tim. The ecstasy always lies in the journey, doesn't it? It's the supposed destination that is the agony.

Comment

Working...