(Network Challenge) - Pandora outsite US using unblock-us.com (geoblocking)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Akoya
    • Aug 2009

(Network Challenge) - Pandora outsite US using unblock-us.com (geoblocking)

Help is really appreciated....

Any experiences with Pandora on Squeezebox Touch/Radio outsite US ?

I think we are a lot of people that would like to enjoy the nice Pandora app outsite US on the Squeezebox !!

I am using the unblock-us.com** service to connect to Pandora from outsite US (Denmark), but the Touch says that I'm still in Denmark ?

1. I have tried manuel to input DNS on the SB Touch using the "input manuel IP" option (that is visible when SB Touch fails to connect to a wireless network) - did not work for me ?

2. Then I tried this: My router is setup to use Unblock-Us (very easy setup; just input 2 DNS numbers and restart the router) and I can access Pandora now on other devices (PC, iPhone) that is connected to the router; but when I connect the Touch to the wireless network is says i am still in denmark ? Help is needed?

((In a info page like "about squeezebox" on the touch it says "WEST-EU", does this location message matter ?))
    ((I managed to setup a DD-WRT router using the VPN service overplay.net and the SB Touch accesed Pandora fine ! - but hard to set the router up with DHCP issues....))

Hope you will try to help us all out or just post your experiences on this issue, thanks.

**It is a service to bypass geoblocking. Free for one week - very easy setup and faster/better than VPN. I can recommend it !
  • flattermann
    • Oct 2009

Have you set your country on MySB.com to US?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.
    Christian

Home of SqueezeCommander - The SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android

Comment

• deeja
      • May 2011

Since you're using Overplay, try this:

very, very simple - just attach the DDWRT's internet port into your existing router, and attach the devices you want to geolocate either directly (wired) to the DDWRT, or join it's WiFi network. Totally transparent.

Comment

• Dr. Akoya
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by flattermann
        Have you set your country on MySB.com to US?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.
        Hi Flattermann.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes, the mysqueezebox.com is set to US - otherwise the Pandora app wouldn't have been visible in "My Apps" and it said: "Pandora is not available in Denmark" as I mentioned.....

I can see you are located in Germany - are you running Pandora on your SB from that location ? ( How ?)

Do you have other suggestions ? What am I doing wrong ?

I am no network guru my self, but I have tried everything I can think of :-(

I really hope you can find time to try the unblock-us.com ((one week for free - no credit card, just a mail adress and your trail is active) and see if you can solve this Squeezebox/Pandora 'network Challenge.'

I can see that your into VPN at http://www.flattermann.net/ (nice) - thats why I think unblock-us is worth a try for you. ( Easy router setup at http://unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/ )

Andy
        Last edited by Dr. Akoya; 2011-05-14, 18:53.

Comment

• Dr. Akoya
          • Aug 2009

Pandora outsite US ?

I have tried all over again: Restore Factory Settings; new Squeezubox Konto ect. My modem is setup to use UnblockUS.com and other devices can connect to Pandora using this network - except the Squeezebox ??

Why?

In Account Settings on mysqueezebox.com is "United States" selected.

On the Radio: In "Squeezebox Information" > "mysqueezebox Information" it says: "Datacenter: EU WEST" !!!! Does it matter ?

Help !

Comment

• toby10
            • Jul 2007

I'd guess EU West datacenter is the issue. Pandora probably figures out where you are based on what MySB server you are connecting too.
            You could probably hack the MySB url in SBS and/or your player to actually use the US servers.
            Or get your computer to use a server location/dns service in the US, which should then direct SBS to the US MySB servers.
            How to do either I have no clue.

Comment

• browngeek
              • Nov 2009

I've been using this service fine for a few weeks, based in HK.

Do like the fact I can now listen to Pandora.

Comment

• superman
                • Sep 2011

updates?

After looking and search for long time I try and try but no luck yet. Any updates on this topic?

Comment

• superman
                  • Sep 2011

nevermind Andy - globalpandora.com did the trick!

nevermind Andy - globalpandora.com did the trick! Pandora is streaming beautifully on my Squeezebox now.

Comment

• beavercreak
                    • Feb 2012

I've never used Unblock-us so I can't really comment on it. However, I have been a long-time user of StrongVPN which was great for the time-being. However, I recently switched to UnoTelly.com and discovered what I have been missing for using a VPN service.

The way StrongVPN works is that I have to dial every time I want to watch something. It's not one-set and you are done. Phew! With a DNS service like UnoTelly, it's just click and done.

Comment

• rjill7475
                      • Mar 2012

www.unotelly.com

hi,

I tried unblock-US but unotelly is the better option. Check, they are fast, offering better services.

Thx

Comment

• poohsan
                        • Jan 2012

I've tried a couple of VPNs and they seem to pick up on it fast! I tried one well-known VPN - no dice - "are you sure you're in the US?" Tried another VPN, pandora from the SBP connected and played, I went ahead and signed up and paid for the VPN, dinked around with a few things, switched to rhapsody, made sure I could connect to my media server - maybe 15, 20 minutes later went back to connect to pandora and got the "are you sure that you're in the US?" message again. dang.

no problems streaming to a PC, don't really want to pay 100euro/year to listen on the SBP via globalpandora.

Really I'm more annoyed at pandora - I can listen to it at work (military base), I have a US mailing address and CC, pay freaking US taxes - dang it, I want my MTV!!! I mean PANDORA!!!

Comment

• nervoteso
                          • May 2009

does anyone use global pandora? is it good? is it legal?
                          Touchx2,radiox4, Squeezebox Server 7.9 (Raspberrypi 3 and qnap ts-269)

Comment

Working...